New Members Thread

jayjaybrid

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 16d
i found out about it from my brother he sent me a link to try and show me how bad the xr6 turbo is

hes a holden person so is always trying to show me how crap ford is

ive got a 97 KJ II Laser 1.8 manual and want to get a BA XR6 Turbo or XR8

so saving all my $$$ for that

Well obviously his attempt failed miserably! :D

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 18d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

Twiddling thumbs thinking of my car, at the time was just a order floating in cyber space. Enjoyed the comments and pics so decided to join before mine arrives.

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d
web search while researching the namesake of our FAB forum :D

Me too.

l was astounded when l found such a great web site existed for a car that had only been released a few weeks before and where there want even a participant who owned an XR6T.

Guest Isher
  • Guests

Hi,

Been lurking on the site for a while and have finally decided to start posting. It is by far the best source of info I have found on the XR6T.

At the moment I drive a 1992 KH laser with paint chipping of the doors... :blink:

I have been promising myself a new car for about 12 months now and was waiting for teh new Frod and VY Late model camira to come out for a comparison. As soon as they were released it was obvious that the new BA XR6T was the pick.

I was considering the VY S, SV8 or SS but the S still had the old 3.8lt V6, the SV8 looked crap and the SS started at $50K+.

Once I saw the BA XR6T I was sold. Anyway, I would have placed an oreder for my new car as early as Nov 02 but I unfortunately got moved interstate with work. As the wife had to quit her job and we wnet to a single income for a while the new "toy" had to go on hold... :(

Anyway, now she is gainfully employed again I can spend her hard earned money to buy myself the XR6T!!

FYI my curent list of perfered specs are: Blue, premium audio, XR mats and scuff plates, side air-bags, and leather interior.

I'm not too impressed by the time some people have to wait from order to delivery.. 3-4 months sounds quite excessive. And I still wont be in a position to order a new car until about another month!.

Looiking forward to learning more.

Regards,

Ish

• I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 8d
Hi,

Been lurking on the site for a while and have finally decided to start posting. It is by far the best source of info I have found on the XR6T.

:blink:

So, no more lurking eh :ph34r: ?

Saw leather interior for the first time at the Sydney dyno day on the weekend - you will not be disappointed. What 'blue' are you getting: blueprint or narooma blue?

It may be a long wait, but you will forget all that as soon as you get in and turn the key :blink:

Guest Isher
  • Guests

Thanks for the welcome Aniken...

The blue I ment was "Narooma Blue"..

I have not seen the leather in an XR yet, but after seeing in a Fairmont and hearing peoples comments about it I think it would be well worth the price.

Cheers,

Ish