New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 12d

Its not the cops I would be worried about, its the insurance companies. If you have an "at fault" accident your claim may be knocked back if they see darker tint on your car...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 28d
You can off course get an FM transmitter to run your Ipod through an FM frequency - all depends what you are after.

Guys, sorry to change the subject a little.... I have one of those Belkin FM transmitters for the Ipod.... but in every car I have tried it on, you get feedback from the car. ie: It kind of whistles..... I heard its from the alternator????? Anyway, this is the one I have..... but from what I have seen so far, I wouldn't buy it.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=390447

Cheers, and again, sorry for the subject change. :)

Cheers,

Mort

• Member For: 14y 10m 29d
Mate, top stuff!

In getting the bluetooth fitted aftermarket, did you also get the Ipod integration (they call it the technology pack I think). In either case and if you have sh*te loads of music, you wanna get yourself Ipod integration so that you can control your Ipod through the head unit rather than from the Ipod itself. You can off course get an FM transmitter to run your Ipod through an FM frequency - all depends what you are after.

As others have mentioned, I would not be concerned about the run in with the cruise control on / off. In a similar manner, I had a trip down to Sydney at xmas. The trip down so me running the motor in by changing between 5th / 6th gear (I got a manual) every 15 minutes.

Pictures look great too mate - enjoy.

Myself, I got the nitro colour, tinted windows, the silver on black interior and premium sound with technology pack. Even the wife & kids love the car - the kids (love em) call it a racing car! :3gears:

I got the bluetooth fitted. Cost me $375. The ipod integration was the same again... Still might get it yet. As a factory fitted option you get both for $500. If not fitted at factory it's $375 ea... :banghead: If I could I would have optioned EXACTLY the same as you did. Good choice!

Great car mate, can you post a new pic with the window tint? I pick up mine in late August from Brisbane. Black Luxury pack,Tech pack and Tint.

I just have reservations about the % tint I should get. The guy at Tint A Car said street legal is 35%. I have a vixen BA MKII with 15% and have never been pulled over for the tint. Tint a car has 17% available at my own risk. As long as a black car with dark tint isn't a cop magnet?? Any thoughts???

Will post a pic tomorrow arvo I hope.

Its not the cops I would be worried about, its the insurance companies. If you have an "at fault" accident your claim may be knocked back if they see darker tint on your car...

Definitely the insurance is a big risk. I could not care less about the coppers... :innocent:

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 9m 13d

well I just yesterday got a 2008 FG in Breeze (metallic aqua for those not in the know), auto, with 18,000km on the clock after selling my 2003 BA XR6T - fantastic. leather, prem sound, reverse camera - awesome. The improvements are everywhere. thrilled to bits with it so far. Just need to register the bugger in the ACT tomoro. $43,500 from a Syd dealer.

Still trying to work out how the dimming on the dash works....bit puzzling compared to BA.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

Good work :wasklywabbit:

It's through the menu on the dash (not the ICC), certainly not as simple as the BA/BF, but given it operates on a light sensor you'll never really need to change it.

• Member For: 14y 9m 26d

Got It!!! I am stoked with it so far.

As soon as I saw it there all shiny and black, I was like the weasel (drool) and just handed over the bank cheque without even a test drive. I figured that buying from a reputable Ford dealer still with factory warranty owing how could I go wrong.

I love the color (silouhette black), but its going to drive me nuts keeping it clean though. I am feeling the power; very nice and torquey, and way different to the VS. I also own a Kawasaki Z1000 but that's another ball game.

I plan on keeping it bog standard for now

Will post pics as soon as I get round to it.

Cheers

Darren

• Member For: 15y 3m 2d
well I just yesterday got a 2008 FG in Breeze (metallic aqua for those not in the know), auto, with 18,000km on the clock after selling my 2003 BA XR6T - fantastic. leather, prem sound, reverse camera - awesome. The improvements are everywhere. thrilled to bits with it so far. Just need to register the bugger in the ACT tomoro. $43,500 from a Syd dealer.

Still trying to work out how the dimming on the dash works....bit puzzling compared to BA.

that is a turbo im assuming?

Even still I think that's a bit to rich on the price,those specs are going in WA for around 38-40

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 9m 13d
that is a turbo im assuming?

Even still I think that's a bit to rich on the price,those specs are going in WA for around 38-40

I tend to agree but 38-40 would be private sale, when u buy thru a dealer u will pay a bit more. And, alas, I had to have Breeze and there were no others about.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 5d

Hi all,

I posted a few times back in 08 when I was waiting (and quite frustrated) for delivery. Well, I got my FG XR6T in Lightning Strike about 2 days before christmas eve and man-o-man I am in love with this thing. I have had little time to post but a reminder email from the forums (very cute guys ...the "we miss you" email) so here I am.

About a month back I got a call from an engineer in Ford who was following up on my new owners feedback form and was interested in that I gave absolutely every item a big positive except the area of 'cold starts' which I maked 1 level below excellent. I guess the only thing I have found expectantly is that when the beast is cold, it can tend to surge (I.e you gotta be a bit careful when reversing out of the garage against a fence because you might just "lurch" into it. He had a chuckle and explained how hard they had worked on that issue and explained the complex interactions between so many subsystems that it was just not possible to resolve (within reasonable time and investment constraints) and in any case, I informed him it was no biggie ...the poor damn thing had to have some sort of quirk. To put it bluntly, the built I received can not be faulted from panel alignment to interior finish ....it.is just f*cking perfect. If I could, I would marry this car and try to start a family .....hehehe :kiss:

Enough ranting ....feels good to be back fellas!! BTW I am in brisbane (Milton) for you banana benders out there ...... :stupid: