New Members Thread

jayjaybrid

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 3y 7m 6d

Hey Guys, First time poster with recently purchased 2014 FG XR6 turbo sedan ( 2 weeks ago ), and have been lurking in this forum 'quietly' for a long while, and before buying this beauty.....I had 2 ( 84 + 85 ) XF's and 1998 EL XR8 ( that is for sale )First things first........fuelling the car up seems to be a small issue. I use BP 98, and when I stick the nozzle into the tank to fuel up, I have to hold the nozzle at half throttle to fill the tank or it quickly froths up and stops the pump. Is this normal or do I possibly have a fuel vent blockage somewhere??

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

Yeah that's a fairly normal symptom. If it does it on every single pump you use then you might have an issue, but it seems unlikely that you actually have an issue.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d

Welcome mate!

Hear a lot of people say the same thing, and I too struggled when I first bought the car. There's a special technique to filling these rigs up 😋

It'll take a couple attempts but you'll soon get it filling up without it clicking the pump off

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 1y 10m 1d

Gday all, been reading the forum for a while, I've owned a Mk2 FG for a couple of years and I've just done suspension and wheels. Thought I should join up in case I decide to jump into power mods anytime soon. I trust you guys will steer me in the right direction, I see a lot of nice builds on here. This is my first turbo so I'm pretty novice with these motors, my previous decent Fords have been V8s.

Here's a pic of my Barra, cheers guys
20220507_141730.jpg

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

looks great :spoton: add the combination of suspension setup and wheel specifications type etc to this thread ->

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/92946-fg-offsets-and-tyre-questions/