New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 3y 9m 25d

so besides giving new life to the motor first mods you suggest

injectors ( is there a cc rating I should get) do I stay with vdo or get bosch one brand better than other any

Fuel pump

I have a turbo smart waste gate actuator already I just need to put a tighter spring in 

like I said I'm new to all this stuff so all the help and support is greatly thankful for.

are there any other feeds that you could possibly link so I can have a read

thanks

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

injectors largely depends on both your tuner's preferences and your eventual power goals, but 42lb (~440cc) is a decently cheap first upgrade step.

turbosmart actuators aren't great as they are finnicky with how they need to be setup; you're better off getting a garrett actuator and the actuator is just so you can control boost at the mid-range level (10-15psi) better than the stock 6psi actuator.

fuel pump is needed to keep up with the replacement injectors.

here's a good place to start: https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/68388-just-bought-an-xr6-turbo/

• Member For: 12y 1m 20d

Hey gents

I’ve been lurking around these forums for a while now so I thought I’d finally get involved!

I’ve recently picked up a 2013 fg mkII xr6 turbo with a 6 speed in ‘swift’ green, which I have to say, seems to be quite a rare colour.
She’s done 73,000km’s and I bought it basically sight unseen from a dealer in Perth and shipped it over (I’m in melbs)
I’ve had a fair few cars now, some good and some not, and I can say this is the equal best car I’ve owned already.
I’ve already ordered/received some go fast buts for the car so I’m sure I’ll be asking heaps from the experienced guys on here in the very near future

Thanks for having me!

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 3y 7m 21d

Hey everyone,

I'm new here! New to cars in general, Loving this community and really glad to be apart of it.

😄

• Member For: 3y 7m 21d

Hey guys, new member. Have owned an FG MK2 XR6T as a weekender/occasional daily for coming up two years now, I've so far resisted the urge to modify too much out of respect to my bank account but the Covid lockdown has me bored. First thing I'm doing is upgrading the rotors and pads on the brakes and swapping the rear calipers for the Territory ones; got a lot of value out of the posts on this board so thought I should at least sign up!