New Members Thread

jayjaybrid

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 3y 10m 11d

was searching for info on xr6 turbos and this site popped up. so far it has been a wealth of knowledge for this crusty old die hard v8 guy who has purchased his first turbo car  

Edited by canedkydd
  • Like 1

• Member For: 11y 10m 16d

Hi my names Clinton, have always been a FORD man (well was once a FORD boy growing up) also loved jap cars growing up.  A couple of years ago I got the chance to purchase an FG xr6t MK1 ute ... sold it last year so I could get a wagon for family purposes ... ended up purchasing a VE Calais 6L wagon.  Decided very quickly they would have to be one of the worse put together cars on the Australian market.  Was searching for another FG when this FGX XR6 T came up ... made a quick purchase on a day off and have come back here after 8 years to get some info on the FGX.  If it’s anything like my FG Ute that I had I know I am going to have a good run.  It’s an EX cop car so she is nicely run in as it was put to me by a mate of mine.  Needs some tidying up but other wise it will work perfectly for picking up the kids and dropping them to school.  

5F27BE81-E5A4-447F-A290-C3ED2695E752.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 3y 9m 6d

hey guys,

Newbie here in all aspects of forums and cars.

Found you guys doing a search for mods for my BA

I have a 2004 Ba xr6t 100% stock but lots of KM 280xxx on the clock yes I am way behind the times in modding and working this car.

It is now a project and not my daily so now is time to start upgrading and doing small mods one at a time over a long period of time.

I am going to start with new spark plugs and injectors and give it a bit of a freshen up while I mod it.

I'm not looking at making it a rocket ship but I would like to just make sure I can beat my bosses e63 Amg hahahaha🤣😂

Can you guys please give me some advise on some things I should look at doing first. 

Eg.

Exhaust, Cooler, Air intake, Bov, Wastgate actuator

Anythings that I can start with small and work my way up to bigger harder jobs as I will try to do most of the work myself.

Thanks

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

injectors, fuel pump, dump+catalytic converter, turbo actuator & a custom dyno tune for a decent starting power figure on a few short applications of power (but without intercooling it'll heat-soak and your power will be reduced)... rest of exhaust for noise, BOV is 100% unnecessary and is fine to just be disabled, air intake isn't strictly necessary but helps especially if you're upgrading the intercooler too... if you go to this 2nd level it's at the time you want to be thinking of brakes to pull you up, too :)

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• Member For: 3y 9m 6d

I have the brakes below the Brembo ones, I think there call drm or something all I know is that a stock steel rims dont fit on the front as the calliper is to big

the car is a ex nsw cop turbo

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

PBR ones, yeah.. that's the "upgraded" brakes for the specific model. They're about as good in 1 or 2 applications as the Brembo upgrade, but the Brembo is significantly better after a couple of applications.