New Members Thread

jayjaybrid

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 10m 6d

G'day All,

New member currently on the hunt for an auto FG ute. Have been lurking the last month or so researching common issues and mods. I think I've settled on the tried and tested path of intercooler, injectors, exhaust, actuator, tune etc. and a few "while you're in there" things (aka the slippery slope!). I have a couple of questions but will ask those in the appropriate forum. For now I'll busy myself reading and trying to find a suitable car of course. There doesn't seem to be many in Sydney - more common in Perth by the looks of it. I'd consider interstate, but WA is a stretch! 

Thanks,

Jeremy

Edited by JV911

• 4 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
8 minutes ago, Classic Lift Aus said:

I have interest in all automotive forum so I research always. recent I browsed about car hoist then I got you. I want to discuss some other topic also so your forum is the perfect place.

have a read of the forum rules about any requirements for advertising here -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/guidelines/

• Member For: 4y 9m 7d

Hey blokes n chicks 

I'm a new owner and lover of a ba xr6 t ute 

Just signed up on the forum after always searching things up it and have decided to sign up incase I ever have any trouble shooting questions.

Please bare with any silly questions as up untill now  I have owned n/a commos and ef and el falcons. 

I'm no stranger to working on cars though:)

Learnt a lot already yay 

Car is stock  besides an earls oil feed line, atmosphere vented bov,  duel 2.5 stainless cat back exhaust also a pod on the cold side facing down in between engine near the fans

( I know it's wankspec but the dose wasn't loud enough in my oppinion with just the bov)

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Mate all good. We will always help and not judge. BUT if we solve some of your issues or help you with the problems you have or advice please donate a few $5 or $10 . really helps the forum run. 

What state you in..

Edited by arronm

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 4y 8m 6d

Hi all,

Purchased my BF Mk1 Xr6t manual about 12 months ago with just 80k on the clock. Completely stock except for the turbo oil line upgrade and a cheap bov. Been lurking on the forums for the last few months. 

Don't have the most mechanical knowledge just done the basics but I'm willing to learn more so with the help of a mate and this forum I will be making some improvements to the coon. 

Once my tax clears the bank I will be purchasing:

Haltech Plug n Play

Idx1050 injectors

KPM 700hp intank module

Actuator with 12psi spring

Venom Hi flow cat (weld in as I will get the nizpro exhaust later) 

38mm flapper for the mod. 

I plan on putting it on e85 as soon as the part arrive. This will get me started then I will get everything else as my funds allow me like the PW intercooler etc. I don't have any picture because I'm at work at the moment.