New Members Thread

jayjaybrid

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

Look forward to you posting up the details :spoton:

here's the best place to create a thread for your car/build etc -> https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/forum/231-conversions-transplants-and-frankensteins/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 2m 3d

Was guided here from the Australian Ford Forums.  My initial search was about the Barra engine and performance Natural VS Turbo version.  Hope to learn and interact from this forum as I have from others.  Working toward building a Barra for an upcoming project.  Fan of the Australian Ford, I currently own an 88 XF Falcon Ute, XB Falcon Ute (needing restoration at this time) and for the older crowd 32 Ford Type 302 Ute (which got me started on all Fords Aussie) and a 40 Ford Ute that will need total restoration.

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Welcome to the forum :)

Seems the Barra is starting to get some love in the U.S.

What are you looking at putting the Barra into?

Couple of projects ongoing in here:

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/forum/231-conversions-transplants-and-frankensteins/

• Member For: 5y 2m 3d

Oh believe me, performance folks know what the Barra is.  We have to be careful in the US when it comes to importing engines.  Mostly frowned upon as your laws can be as strict.  However, as a direct replacement for say the engine in my XF, it would be fine.  However, one use I am considering is to put it in a XC Fairmont sedan that is for sale in the USA.  Much like the RoadKill group, I considered building it as a Barra-Rooda.  Since they are fond of making special cars :)

I would like it to be performance enough for the street and strip.  Exploring Turbo vs Non Turbo builds to determine the best way to go.

• Member For: 5y 1m 28d
On 30/01/2003 at 5:16 PM, Guest LionHeart said:

Curious to know.

We have over 530 members now and it would be good to hear how you all found out about this site :thumbsup:

BY searching internet