New Members Thread

jayjaybrid

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 6m 26d

Hi all,

I have been watching and reading the forum with interest and it was enough for me to pull the trigger on a FG XR6T MkII.

It was reading the posts that got me interested and ultimately over the line. As an older bloke, I remember when the Barra turbo hit the market. At the time, they were out of reach for a young man in his twenties. But thought I could recapture my youth in my mid forties ;) 

So I am off to pickup the car tomorrow. I wanted a manual with low kms. I ended up finding a 2014 with the luxury pack in octane (orange) with about 12,000 kms on the clock. 

Very excited :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 6m 26d

Hi Rab,

Have finally had time to respond. Other than tinted windows, it is completely stock.....for now.

Starting to plan the mods. I am thinking of doing the aesthetics first. Wheels, suspension (lowering), rear wing delete etc.

I am tossing up between SSLs front and rear with stock shocks, or SSLs with Bilsteins or just bite the bullet and go straight to shockworks.

I have no plan to track it though.

With the wheels, trying to decide either powder coating the 19" luxury packs and go for 40 profiles to fill the guards more, or go for 20"s.

Then move onto the engine.

front 34.jpeg

rear 34.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 5m 9d

Morning all. I have looked around the forum over the years out of interest on what people are doing with their XR6T’s. Hadn’t contributed as ours was a mode of transport. Have always been a Ford family from the 351 Fairlanes to the 351 Bronco. 

My 2010 XR6T FG Ute now isn’t really required and will become my fun car after deciding to keep it, rather than sell it. 120k of light work on the odometer and no accidents since I bought it means it’s a good base to lightly mod and have a bit of driving fun on the track and practice my skills (or lack thereof).

Whilst I can appreciate the heavily modded car, I prefer mine as stock as possible with any mods being done to remain as sympathetic as possible. 

Hope you don’t mind if I reopen some old threads as I go through the forum...

Edited by leighthebee

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

feel free to open old threads if you feel like it would be worthwhile to you to contribute to the specific topic of the thread :spoton:

Also, for your upgrades pathway, this thread's first post is your best bet for ease of use for your light upgrade pathway(s):

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/91528-modding-your-fg-xr6g6e-turbo-take-2/

• Like 1

• Member For: 5y 5m 2d

Hi everyone, Andy from Brisbane here, finally decided to take the plunge and join here:P planning to buy an BF XR6 ute and convert it over to a turbo, been a dream of mine for years, now I am gonna make it happen, I found the website whilst researching the ute, been a ford fan for as long as I can remeber and I have one of the very rare Ford owners manual cassette tapes from an ED falcon. Happy to post up a pic if you wanna see. Cheers :)

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 5y 4m 2d

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hi as the a new member to this site. Ive been viewing this forum since it first started all those years ago. My first turbo falcon was a BA XR6 turbo 5 speed in Lightning Strike which I bought Brand new in 2004. I traded it after about 12month for a MK BA XR8.... lol. 

Now some 14years later I've started a collection of FPV's. My newest addition is an '06 BF F6 Typhoon AUTO #429.

I figured since Old school muscle is just getting so expressive these days, Modern classics such as the FPVs are still relatively affordable and starting to become a rare sight on the roads already.

Cheers Allen 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 8m 21d

Hi all,

Have been lurking for a little bit.

Picked up a stock BF auto 01/06 Bionic T about 6 months ago.

After much searching settled on Process West gear.

Had Simon from XFT gas it up to 375kW, all on stock bottom end.

Anyway great forum even though I am late to the party!.

Will send some pics and details later.

Cheers Greg

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:, mate.

375rwkw is a great start. It'd probably seem like a rocket ship to you :)

look forward to seeing some pics :spoton: