New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 9y 11m 22d

Thanks maybe I been a bit carried away but if I take it to willowbank for an occasional run on a stickey tarmac then do I have to worry about breaking things at the launch?I thought that a lot of fgs are running 11s or even 10s

with stock tailshafts.

normally my driving is quite subdued on public roads but an occasional sprint..Anyway my family is enjoying the beast and my 3 year old likes nothing better than going into the garage to check that everything is ok. with our

red car.. :mosking:

Edited by jarmo

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 17d

The below comes from this thread for the G6 http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/89320-g6et-drag/.

Very Very Very unlikely that your input shaft will snap at the drags (only every heard of one breaking) so the order of things to break are:-

Tail shaft

Half Shafts

Diff

Input shaft

A hell of a lot of FG's don't break anything on the quarter mile but there are a lot that do....Tailshaft is the most common and that could end up being VERY expensive if it punches a hole in the floor.

If you're interested in putting it on the strip and spool it up fairly hard, I would fork out the 1100 'ish bucks to get the shaft re-sleeved and re-balanced and new CV's in that price as well....that's a good start.

Post a pic of the new car so we can have a look at your new 'pride and joy'.

Edited by BenDoCo

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 28d

:Welcome2FordXR6t: and sure is a great site. Ive been here for almost 10 years so its gotta tell you something.

Enjoy your stay you have lots of reading.......... :pandalol: :pandalol:

• Member For: 9y 3m 9d

Hi Guys.

Just bought an 09 turbo just under a month ago from the original owner with full logs books, older seller which was good. currently 48,000km on the clock and rising

Lovely car. Lot roomier than my 99 prelude especially considering im 6 foot 7 115kg

No engine or intake mods so far. Will do dba rotors and ferodo pads soon and a suspension upgrade.

Am thinking of getting rid of the FPV badges. Looks great but I've never been a fan of anything fake.

Car is lowered 1.5 inches, full tints, daytime driving lights, 19 inch dealer luxury rims with premium sound tech pack and an xr8 bonnet.

heres a few snaps

Located in Moorebank, south west sydney.
Will definitely be coming to the next meet / cruise to meet some of the members and get some modding advice.
Edited by 2009fgxr6t