New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 29d

Spend a few minutes on the forum and you'd probably realise that a "New Members Thread" is where people come to introduce themselves, say hi, their interests and what they want to get out of their new car.

Not surprising you were asked about those things.

Have a look around the other topics and subforums and you'll probably find one much more suited to the info and question you're after.

One where the query would be the focus, not the banter regarding interest in your other machine(s), shed etc.

Welcome to the forum, heaps of good answers and info - just asked under the wrong topic where the responses were suitable for the thread.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 10d

you ford guys are off your f*cking head. I don't need to tell or show you what I have in my shed. I come on here for help with my xr6 turbo heap of sh*t to be fronted by a bunch of rude morons, that are just the same as all the pages on facebook are on fords. WTF so much for coming on to place likes this with like minded others to find some help or info. feel free to ban me from this web site

But in all seriousness dude...you came on here, asked your questions and were given legitimate helpful answers based on the initially limited information you gave us. You then shot them down without much else to build a discussion from or work towards a resolution...what did you expect?! You have your perspective/opinion and that's cool, but bear in mind that some of us have been on this forum for a while (some much longer than others) and we're more than happy to provide insight and advice from our own personal experience (both good and bad)...but surely you can appreciate where we're coming from when we get people who pop up out of nowhere to ask a purely self serving question in the new members thread without giving anything back to the rest of the XR6 turbo community and then get shìtty when we offer advice (which gets promptly shot down) and seek to get to know a bit more about you as a new member.

You sit there and say we're all unhelpful etc...have you actually taken the time to read through some of the knowledge and wisdom that has been shared through this forum over the years (free of charge I might add) by its members? Did you ever stop to think perhaps it could be you who is the problem if you're putting people offside everywhere you go?

I initially had some issues with one member on here (which at times got slightly heated) as a result of not knowing each other properly and therefore not knowing how to take each others comments...but you know what, that particular member still went out of his way to help me out (to the extent of physically letting me use his tools/garage/car and helping me figure some stuff out and even apologised in person for potentially pushing things too far with a prior internet based conflict we had) and I have the utmost respect for him as a result. I got along fine with him in person and now have a greater understanding of his personality and how to take what he says on the forum.

My point in all of this is that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I've been a part of a bunch of forums and this is by far my favorite forum to just chat about life and cars with. Most of the members don't take themselves too seriously, have a good sense of humour and are more than happy to lend a hand or give advice where they can.

So chill out, take a step back and actually engage in the discussion with us without being a patronising carnt and I'm sure there's much you could gain from this forum.

I may be a few beers deep, but I still feel I managed to articulate the point I wanted to get across fairly well...

Respectfully,

A slightly drunk .Stripes.

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 5

• Member For: 9y 11m 22d

you ford guys are off your f*cking head. I don't need to tell or show you what I have in my shed. I come on here for help with my xr6 turbo heap of sh*t to be fronted by a bunch of rude morons, that are just the same as all the pages on facebook are on fords. WTF so much for coming on to place likes this with like minded others to find some help or info. feel free to ban me from this web site

Maaaaaateeee matey, matey, Who was the one who bragged he had something special in the shed???????

FUGGIN YOU!!!!

So when a few of us are curious your arse tightens up and you get all defensive!

Definitely a METH LAB!!!

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 3d

don't want to do any mods to the car its my daily driver I have a toy in the shed with all the power I need . just trying to find a replacement turbo

You told us about the horsepower shed first mate... And then simple questions followed from us excited members

Not every new member gets a random "what's in your shed?"

And you just shot everyone down,

You could have said "shopping trolley with a whipper snippet motor"

and most of us would have still been excited...

• Like 2