New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,884 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 11y 4m

Hi All,

New to the thread, Just bought myself a BA XR6 turbo ute.. Im from Cambridge Park, Penrith..

Looking forward to some cruises and meeting members to get some advice on what I can do to my ute to make it a little better..

cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 4m

Hi im shame! Buying a 2005 xr6 manual tomorrow :) life is good jhaha and I guess you guys will see me around abit so first thing canna do is upgrade to a dual zone because my dads xr6t has one and I love it so yea ill be reading up or if anyone can help lol

• Member For: 11y 3m 24d

Hey everybody I am a proud owner of a XR6T BA 2004 manual I dont know much about cars but looking forward to posting lots of questions as I would love to polish off my car and make it smick =)

550367_10151858592390511_1866350133_n_zp

• Member For: 11y 3m 23d

Hi guys,

My wife and I have just purchased a fg le xr6t... Still waiting to pick it up. But as a Late model camira fan and owner for my whole life I know very little about the xr6t scene/mods/performance etc except for the obviouse so here I am.. I can hardly believe it myself. I'm a ford owner :-/.

I have built a few commodores and the new xr excites me.... I will be holding off on major mods for a while though as the car is mainly just my wife's as I have a work vehicle.

But a couple of things interest me..... Valve springs? Now I know how these work and what they are etc etc but I am curious as to weather they need upgrading even when leaving the car stock? As I still do plan to drive it as hard as possible?

Next is basic mods that don't void warranty? Is changing air intake weather it be just panel filter or full swap from original worth it? What do you guys recommend to do to this thing? Or should I just leave it till I'm willing to get a tune?

Also.. Is there anything else I should be keeping an eye on? Problems etc..

Cheers guys

Nathan

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 19d
Hi guys,

My wife and I have just purchased a fg le xr6t... Still waiting to pick it up. But as a Late model camira fan and owner for my whole life I know very little about the xr6t scene/mods/performance etc except for the obviouse so here I am.. I can hardly believe it myself. I'm a ford owner :-/.

I have built a few commodores and the new xr excites me.... I will be holding off on major mods for a while though as the car is mainly just my wife's as I have a work vehicle.

But a couple of things interest me..... Valve springs? Now I know how these work and what they are etc etc but I am curious as to weather they need upgrading even when leaving the car stock? As I still do plan to drive it as hard as possible?

Next is basic mods that don't void warranty? Is changing air intake weather it be just panel filter or full swap from original worth it? What do you guys recommend to do to this thing? Or should I just leave it till I'm willing to get a tune?

Also.. Is there anything else I should be keeping an eye on? Problems etc..

Cheers guys

Nathan

Welcome to the forum mate

I'm not sure about fg valve springs but you will find something for sure with a search and as far as mods are concerned almost anything will void warranty with these cars and to get noticeable gains in power with intake mods you will more than likely need a tune to go with it

Common problems with these cars are mainly to do with having to change your diff bushes very regularly cause they are always breaking and turbo failure because the inline filter for the turbo gets blocked after a while and gets starved of oil which can be prevented by replacing or cleaning the filter screen, removing it completely because it is not necessary or replacing the line with an Earls inline filter kit

Good luck with your new car mate

• Member For: 11y 3m 23d

Ok thanks for the info.. I did hear something about the diff bushes, I was hoping it was sorted in the later cars though.. Oh well.

The line filter is a funny one.. Why do ford say service once a year or 15k if they have these sorts of issues? Ill be changing the oil/ filter every 7500 but the filter thing sounds like a pain in the ass..

Anyway probably not supposed to be using newbie thread for this sort of chit chat.

Thanks again.

• Member For: 11y 4m 5d

hi

Im new to the world of FORD ownership having recently converted from many years of Expensive Daewoo ownership ( VX SS )...I am now the proud owner of a 2007 FPV FORCE 6...I am loving the standard power of the turbo 6...even though my old SS would have smoked it lol but it had a ship load of mods lol... At this stage im unsure weather I want to do to many mods if any to the Force...any way a few details about the car

2007 BF MKII FPV FORCE

111 000 k's

ZF 6 spd Auto

EGO

Black Leather

Build #90

Car is standard no mods at all...I am the second owner of the car

post-54750-0-95756200-1357097851_thumb.j

post-54750-0-98268900-1357097998_thumb.j

post-54750-0-08863400-1357098090_thumb.j

post-54750-0-98209900-1357098407_thumb.j ( The SS I upgraded from )

I will upload some more pics when I get a chance to give it a good wash and a polish