New Members Thread

jayjaybrid

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,883 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 13y 3m 10d

Hey folks!

I have just this very day purchased my first ever Ford, which happens to be a 2003 XR6T ute.

I've been hunting for a wee while and test driven both Fords and the other brand and I decided the following:

The XR6T felt an entirely smoother, more refined ute and on my last drive of a 2003 SS ute I decided the only redeeming feature of it was the sound...so I went with the XR6T! For some reason holdens are 3-4k more expensive second hand too...can't for the life of me figure it out.

Would be great to hear from some other kiwi members...where are you having your mods done in Auckland?

Pics attached

post-43649-0-77521700-1292655835_thumb.j

post-43649-0-96433300-1292655851_thumb.j

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m

Hi all,

Just sold the old faithfull r33 line, and am now the proud owner of an 04 xr6t.......really happy with it, has premium sound, full leather and is stock apart from being lowered nicely and tinted windows. and so the journey of tinkering begins. fortunatley I am experienced I forums thanks to skylines australia (a terific forum) and therefore have already reseached this site for all those "things to do" when buying a xr6t! look forward to leaning from you all and maybe even sharing some of limited turbo experiences from previous cars....makes me laugh how many symptoms different make turbo cars share, eg...ciol packs, spark plugs and as we all know the list goes on.........

oh yeah please ingnore my user name (r32dan) I use it for all user names on the net due to previously owning an r32 and could not be bothered changing it..:)

• Member For: 13y 3m 14d

Hi guys, I picked up my xr6T today, I think this something wrong with the tuibo. It runs normal but when u put your foot down it,s shudders badly and loses power. Any ideas? Is it something major? I guess that what you can expect from an auction house.

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 5d

Check all the intake pipes are connected, they come off really easily, so that would be my guess.

Good luck

• Member For: 13y 3m 12d

Hi guys, recently joined the forum.

Been talking to Kyle (6boost) a little bit over the last few days via email,

he has certainly cleared a few things up for me - in regards to these cars.

Have been looking for one for a few days/weeks now. Anyone know of a decent BA in Vic?

Few criteria it has to meet: (to get the approval of the minister of finance)

no more than 150k's

straight - mint paint

auto/manual doesn't really matter

roadworthy/reg

Under 20k - but really no more than 16-17,000 (evern though I just bought her an '06 Territory, and she got to spend 26k!)

Must be in victoria!

that's about it - let me know if you know of a good one.

I found the one I want on Carsales - but the dude hasnt gotten back to me yet.

$15,900

130k's

auto

tint

sports exhaust

leather pack

18" alloys

lowered

ohh and it has the cleanest engine bay (well the whole car is clean) I have ever seen on a 2nd hand car!

Cheers guys,

• Member For: 13y 7m 21d

hey mate how are ya I have just brought a xr6 turbo ba 2003 4 mounth ago I paid 13,000 it had 100,000 not lether in side but so ya

bro all xr6s r clean as :D

• Member For: 13y 3m 12d

Anyone know the owner of XRT-767?

that's another one I'm looking at, at the moment.

Newb question: what's a BA 4spd worth to replace (seeing as they are so damn fragile?!)