• Member For: 12y 1m 16d

Hey guys, new to the forums and looking to buy my first Ford. Currently in a VT Berlina.

After a BFii XR6, n/a as I'm on Ps. Basically I wanna know the difference in performance between the four speed and the six speed. I can find plenty of 4 speeds in my price range, but very limited amounts of 6 speeds and most in basic colours with no options. I'm not towing or anything, very little highway driving, and fuel economy can't be worse than my current car either way so that's fine. Is the four speed at a huge disadvantage to the 6 speed? Any advice would be great!

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 26d

It's N/A so it doesn't matter so much but the 6 spd is better in almost every way but performance wise I don't think the 4spd would be any slower than the six.

Six will be a fair bit better on juice though.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 28d
It's N/A so it doesn't matter so much but the 6 spd is better in almost every way but performance wise I don't think the 4spd would be any slower than the six.

Six will be a fair bit better on juice though.

Sorry didn't realise you are after an NA.

Guess it doesn't matter than. Just test drive them both and choose.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m

Torn between two cars haha. There's an orange one in a four speed with no options.. Or an Ego in a 6 speed with premium sound and the kit inserts. Pretty much the same price and same Ks.

Go the six then. It has options for the same price so I don't think there's anything to decide on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

After a BFii XR6, n/a as I'm on Ps. Basically I wanna know the difference in performance between the four speed and the six speed. I can find plenty of 4 speeds in my price range, but very limited amounts of 6 speeds and most in basic colours with no options. I'm not towing or anything, very little highway driving, and fuel economy can't be worse than my current car either way so that's fine. Is the four speed at a huge disadvantage to the 6 speed? Any advice would be great!

Don't think BF2's come with 4 speeds so the choice is already made for you.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m

Agreed with Dillz. If your after any BF or newer your only option is the ZF6. I have a BAII with the 4 and first gear sucks! first gear gets to 80km/h and 2nd gets to 120. So you can imagine off the line its rubbish until you hit about 50km/h. I would definately spend the extra cash and get a BF with a 6 speed!!