Rear Sway Bar

JET-270

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 10d

hi guys I've just been to pedders and grabbed a quote for new suspension..going the 33mm adjustable front sway bar and the guy put down a 20mm heavy duty rear sway bar..I know utes don't come with these so whats the benefit? my understanding is having a stiffer rear end will make the ute slide out a lot easier..don't really want this especially in the wet, what are the improvements? has anybody bothered doing the rear?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

HUGE improvement adding the sway bars, might mention though that there is no listing for FG sway bars, they have BA/F (which everyone says will fit an FG fine) but as we found out there are changes with the exhaust on FG utes and the rear sway bar will knock on the rear muffler. Of course pedders seemed to have never fitted an FG ute with a rear sway bar so mine was trial and error ended up getting a custom cat back made up and its all good now.

rear is very predictable in the wet or dry, and even better get zero axle tramp now..

• Member For: 13y 2m 12d

HUGE improvement adding the sway bars, might mention though that there is no listing for FG sway bars, they have BA/F (which everyone says will fit an FG fine) but as we found out there are changes with the exhaust on FG utes and the rear sway bar will knock on the rear muffler. Of course pedders seemed to have never fitted an FG ute with a rear sway bar so mine was trial and error ended up getting a custom cat back made up and its all good now.

rear is very predictable in the wet or dry, and even better get zero axle tramp now..

So did it fit even though it was knocking on the rear muffler? And what did they charge you all up for both sway bars?

• Donating Members

From what I was told it fitted but was rubbing/hitting the rear muffler and there was no was it could be fixed without re routing the exhaust and removing the muffler. I was away at the time so didn't get to actually see the problem.

Front 33mm adjustable was $500 and rear 20mm was $280

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...