Fg Xr6T Psi

Sydneyxr6t

• Member For: 12y 5m 23d

Guys

I am taking my FG XR6T in for a PWR stepped intercooler and retune next week, the car was modded a few months ago with:

Growler CAI

High flow cat

ID 1000's

Herrod piping kit

X3 and custom tune

car made 295rwkw and 750Nm of torque

My question is my tuner has advised with the adding of the I/C I can run a little more boost on the turbo

What psi recommendations do you have for cars running similar mods?

I was going to ask my tuner to run a high boost tune (16psi) and a safer 14psi tune

Any suggestions?

I am not going down the road of ported wastegate/actuator etc, exhaust is standard except for high flow cat.

The car looks dead standard, and I want to keep it looking and sounding that way:)

E85 maybe an option as I have nice injectors, but I am suspecting I would need to upgrade the fuel pump.

cheers

Armando

Edited by Sydneyxr6t

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 3m 8d

Depends where you go, my car has basically same mods and made 311rwkw on 14psi that tapered off to 11psi

Also ran 11.6 1/4 with stock intake and bit less power...

Some tuners up there will have you running 22psi boost, but I doubt it'll be any quicker... Don't bother with a safer tune, you'll never run it, why not do a ZF tune, this will help with times at the drags if your into that.

• Member For: 12y 5m 23d

T :sungum: hanks Batman

I already have the ZF tune and I am very happy

So I should just go with a high performance tune?

I wouldnt expect my tuner to run more than 18 psi on the little turbo, I think the current perfomance tune is 14-15psi

Currently I have loaded a performance tune/low boost tune(7psi) and valet tune (3000rpm limiter)

cheers

Armando

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 18d

I run 15 PSI on 98 with:

Plazmaman Intercooler

Plazmaman Piping

Battery Relocation

Plazmaman hot side Air Box

Injectors

Surge Tank + Bosch 044 Pump

High Flow Cat

4" Dump pipe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 9d

For everyone out there here is how I went with my PWR cooler,

I am running a PWR stepped intercooler on an FGXR6T Manual. I have the F6 turbo fitted, siemens 60LB, 12psi actuator, 4'' dump to 3 1/2'' exhaust, 5'' 100CPI cat, surge tank, Herrod piping kit, ported waste gate, running around 16psi boost. The PWR intercooler has been fine, we made 344.8rwkw on a 23degree day.

Mine made 297rwkw with the standard turbo, stepped intercooler, 5'' cat, no surge tank and standard exhaust but all other mods listed were done at the time. The larger turbo makes a huge difference to the FG's, with the stock turbo the car would nose over at about 4000 RPM so I would find myself shifting early to keep it in the 2500-4000band. Now with the F6 turbo the car pulls really hard all the way to redline. I cannot stress the difference enough, it is like night and day.

Thanks to C+V for the tuning work.

Hope this helps, when I was researching the PWR cooler there was very little information out there.

ipb.global.registerReputation( 'rep_post_1207043', { domLikeStripId: 'like_post_1207043', app: 'forums', type: 'pid', typeid: '1207043' }, parseInt('0') );