Idle Problems With Xr6t's

IM2QIK

• Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 13d

I'll second that FORDTECH.

Again this morning. Light traffic, had been stopped at a red, idle was nice and smooth, fire just goes out as if I'd turned the ignition off.

Just a quiet faaaarrrrk and off we go again. Hope Santa brings that fix via FORDTECH..........

• Member For: 20y 4m 29d

Thanks FORDTECH,

Nice to know they've retified the problem; sounds like reflashing my ECM with the latest AAB calibration wont acheive much so I'll just wait till after Christmas I guess.

Thanks once again for all your input in this forum ... tis much appreciated :finger:

Guest blueXRT
  • Guests

Fordtech

Will this new calibration fix the sudden drop in revs during idle but the car does not stall?? I was trying to reporoduce the problem last night because my dealer did nothing, new nothing. What I found is with the car at normal temp with AC Max on full speed then I raised the revs to around 2k and let go of the accel the car would drop below the normal revs around 500 and make a very strange vibration noise but it did not stall?

Guest lion
  • Guests
:ta: everyone for your input I'm having same problem but dosen't stall cars going back to dealer 22/12/03 for other issues Like transmission whine & diff whine only done 4000 km build date 08/10/03 had issues with poor quality control from ford :angry: .they sent me a survey form to fill in I'LL wait until I get the car back before I send it out

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 1d
:ta: everyone for your input I'm having same problem but dosen't stall cars going back to dealer 22/12/03 for other issues Like transmission whine & diff whine only done 4000 km build date 08/10/03 had issues with poor quality control from ford :angry: .they sent me a survey form to fill in I'LL wait until I get the car back before I send it out

lion, don't get your hopes up about the diff whine being rectified. I have had my T 12 months tomorrow and it has had it since new :ta: Ford replaced the diff twice and still no different... an inherent problem in the Ford diff since Adam was a boy.. or at least since the AU, but no 'fix'.

Make sure that if they say that they are going to replace your diff, that they have the driveline balancing machine available at the same time (there is apparantly only about 5 of these machines in Oz), otherwise you will be mighty p@#ssed when you get your car back with whine intact and a massive driveline vibration... As you can probably tell, I'm speaking from experience. :angry:

Best of luck.

Al.

• Member For: 20y 8m 21d

I may be off the mark here but this sounds similar to the problem I was having...

Turned out to be a problem (apparently known) with the VCT solenoid.

Which when was explained to me controls the phase of the cam.

So if the solenoids playing up and the phase is out it runs rough and vary's in idle...

Had it checked and fixed haven't had a problem since. :thumbsup:

Is this the same prob guys??

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 21d
[lion, don't get your hopes up about the diff whine being rectified. I have had my T 12 months tomorrow and it has had it since new :thumbsup: Ford replaced the diff twice and still no different... an inherent problem in the Ford diff since Adam was a boy.. or at least since the AU, but no 'fix'.

:kissmy: Me to, brand new diff on Wednesday, 95kph whine still there, curses to those who make these things, they've done it since the EB.

My dealer didn't have the driveline balancer and you sure know it. Back Monday for the balance. I think I'll leave the diff and just crank the radio up, perhaps they should try lapping instead of replacing. Obviously there is a massive pile of BA diffs sitting somewhere with an inherent manufacturing fault. Still I'd rather have a whine than a break. :angry:

• Member For: 20y 11m 28d
[lion,  don't get your hopes up about the diff whine being rectified. I have had my T 12 months tomorrow and it has had it since new  :thumbsup: Ford replaced the diff twice and still no different... an inherent problem in the Ford diff since Adam was a boy.. or at least since the AU, but no 'fix'.

:puke: Me to, brand new diff on Wednesday, 95kph whine still there, curses to those who make these things, they've done it since the EB.

My dealer didn't have the driveline balancer and you sure know it. Back Monday for the balance. I think I'll leave the diff and just crank the radio up, perhaps they should try lapping instead of replacing. Obviously there is a massive pile of BA diffs sitting somewhere with an inherent manufacturing fault. Still I'd rather have a whine than a break. :angry:

Its VERY unlikely to be the diff if a complete diff replacement still results in the same noise at exactly the same speed.

The chances of 2 diffs built at different times having that exact same charateristic a the same speed....not exactly likely unless its a problem seen across all or most of them. (Which it isnt).

Id start looking elsewhere before complaining about the diff again.

I take it you have tried simple things like turning off the stereo? (Sorry...had to ask!)

• Member For: 20y 11m 28d
Fordtech

Will this new calibration fix the sudden drop in revs during idle but the car does not stall?? I was trying to reporoduce the problem last night because my dealer did nothing, new nothing. What I found is with the car at normal temp with AC Max on full speed then I raised the revs to around 2k and let go of the accel the car would drop below the normal revs around 500 and make a very strange vibration noise but it did not stall?

I found that the problem got a little worse the more km's the car had on it.

First was at 3000kms after I had them fix a few things. Then one every now and then after that.

After haviung the ECU updated 2 weeks ago or so, I had the first stall in a carpark at about 20kmh 2 nights ago. Came to a stop in a carpark, putting the clutch in, and it stalled suddenly.

(Didnt help having a strongly pro-Expensive Daewoo guy who also works for Expensive Daewoo in the front seat!)