What Is The Best Xr5 Model To Buy?

XR6TURBST5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 2d

2008 onward LV's are what you want to go for, they are a fantastic car and respond very well to mods.

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 2m 1d

Mechanically they are the same car, engine, turbo, all the good bits are the same. However its the upgraded Interior of the in the LV you want, I own one and I totally love it, sold my XR6T ute for it and at the start wasnt sold but now the seats, the engine, the handling is just amazing! Highly recommend it mate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 24d

Yep Definitely the LV's the better model although the earlier models were great! Had our XR5 for 2 years and no probs!!

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 24d

Ford's maniacal Focus RS, it's effing brilliant!!!! Parked up, it looks like a deranged animal better position in South Africa , or at home, looking like it's wants to eat the children ! Hahaha.. On the road, it'll carve up just about any car - delivering around 225kw @ 6500 rpm, with a power to weight ratio of 150kw/tonne.

The only drawback for me was - you 're constantly on it ..... But I guess you 're got to expect that from a 2.5lt - with torque delivered between 2300 - 4500 rpm..

I can recall In 2010 , if the dealer would allow you sit it , you could take one home for around $60k, (no demo drive was allowed) , and recently I saw that they've been offered by sellers on carsales for high $40's - low $50's ..

If the family can drive a manual , I would happy recommend that you pay the extra $20k over a LV XR5 - as I believe the car will depreciate at a slow rate than that of the LV XR5 - just ensure you keep a eye on the kids!! LOL

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 24d

Yep Spinning I agree!! I would have loved to have got the RS but after taking a golf TSI for a drive (when we were looking at a new car for the missus...after trading in her beloved BA XR8 (winter white)) then saw a brand new XR5 turbo in the lot...we took both cars for a drive and she loved the idea of having another xr to match the FG turbo ute...the golf was nice but done nothing for us (especially after coming out of a V8!). I have been driving the xr5 to my work on the gas fields 350kms west of Brissy and get 9.5 avg fuel and hits 180 in a blink.. Still scared of putting chips on it as we have kept it immaculate. Have had to purchase a runabout (in the form of an AU series III falcon) now so both the XR5 and the RSpec remain in immaculate condition.

When we purchased the Focus it was around the time the new Focus' was released (the ST wasn't available at the time)...let the missus sit in it etc but she wasn't sold on the shape and asked if she wanted to wait for the new ST but she preferred the LV shape. After seeing a new ST in the lot in White she thought "damn!!!" but still love the XR5... It handles brilliant for what it is, eats the highway up with no effort, and looks great!! Most definitely the RS is a collectable piece of machinery and although I have never been in one can only imagine what the 220+ hp would be like (even with the revo knuckle), torque steer would be fun!! lol It's a handful when passing 7 B-doubles in a row. From 100 bang it back from 6th to 4th and plant it and the car will step out into the other lane all by itself...and you are gone!!

• Like 1