Engine Shudder At 5000+ Rpm

Farkwiz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 12d

I'm with sex panda, check the flywheel and everything else in there. A friend had a smiliar issue on an RB25 but ONLY with the clutch in, turned out to be a missing berring of some sort some dumb f*ck performance shop owner left out when doing an engine swap. His shuddering started a lot earlier too...

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Loose flywheel.

Check the harmonic balancer as well , even thought that should cause vibration 3 -4 k , its worth checking.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

^ what he said . . . again.

time to start pulling sh!t apart and having a look

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 22d

Hey guys thanks for your help. I wanted to fix this one myself but it got the better of me lol. So I took it to Direct Clutch Services in Albony, Brisbane. They were a great help as I was not an easy customer :P (being short on time as I traveled from Mackay to Brisbane and need to be back home in time for work) It turns out the pressure plate was broken and holding the clutch in (shifting issues, it was a wonder the fiber plate was not distroyed lol) and because I have a XR8 6 speed gear box (which I did not know about) which means it needs an adaptor (spigot bearing) for the input shaft as xr6T is 27 splin and xr8 is 11 I think. So the spigot bearing adaptor had about 1mm of play which was what was giving me the shudder. Its all good now. Thanks again to Direct Clutch Services for doing such a great help

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 10d

Good to hear its all sorted. Bet your glad you took it there instead of having a crack at it yourself now.