Any Aftermarket Ecu's That Will Run The Xr6T Yet?

zzz-ba ute

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 15d

Nah not gonna be running Drive by Wire. At least that's the plan at the moment anyway lol. Reason being I wont be running a B series throttle body.

Edited by retro-xr6t

• Member For: 12y 9m 3d

Nah not gonna be running Drive by Wire. At least that's the plan at the moment anyway lol. Reason being I wont be running a B series throttle body.

If your going to do away with the Drive By Wire I would also get rid of the VCT as well and fit a set of Atomic Fixed gears into it. Then you can use any ECU you like on it. I did the same for a guys with an AU, he removed the DBW and put on a proper throttle body and I installed Atomic Fixed Cam gears into it then wired in a WOLF ECU. I will be retro fitting my motor to an older falcon after the summernats and I have already done away with the VCT. lIl wire in a WOLF once its out of the BA. Good luck with it.

• Member For: 12y 9m 3d

I'd like to retain Vct as it helps keep peak torque longer.

VCT on barras is more for emission and fuel economy IMO. I don’t think you will see much of a power loss removing them infact adjusting them correctly will give you a much better torque curve. I’m also not really looking for fuel economy or emission I’m after the maximum amount of power I can get out of it. Once I start tuning it which is I hope will be next week I will adjust my cams using the vernier sprocket adjustment to get the power where I need it plus running a higher volume oil may affect the VCT. I have not removed the drive by wire yet I’ll do that once its fitted into the older falcon. I don’t want to have to transplant a B series pedal assembly into an older car plus I prefer cable all day every day and not to mention I prefer an aftermarket computer. I’m not really a huge fan of the standard computer for high HP applications I prefer to use an aftermarket unit, don’t get me wrong the standard PCM works great but there are so many more advantages to using a Motec or a Wolf etc. From a tuning point of view I prefer to tune on an aftermarket computer than the standard ECU so much more simpler and it makes more sense to me.

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

I prefer to use an aftermarket unit, don’t get me wrong the standard PCM works great but there are so many more advantages to using a Motec or a Wolf etc. From a tuning point of view I prefer to tune on an aftermarket computer than the standard ECU so much more simpler and it makes more sense to me.

what advantages in using the wolf and the motec?

VCT on barras is more for emission and fuel economy IMO. I don’t think you will see much of a power loss removing them infact adjusting them correctly will give you a much better torque curve.

VCT gives a longer torque range, no cam set in a fixed position will match the torque spread of vct on the same cam

it was a genuine question though, I think the wolf is a low level ecu and except for possibly top of the line motecs, the motec would be inferior, but just wanted calrification in case I'm incorrect

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

I had a motec m400 And a receipt coming close to $5k for purchase plus install including a few motec extras.

It was tuned well though. My passenger floor never fell out, no loose intake bolts.

• Like 5