Any Aftermarket Ecu's That Will Run The Xr6T Yet?

zzz-ba ute

• Member For: 14y 9m 13d

with out a dout its up the tuner & what he feels confortable with & your right about what goals you are tring to achieve ... an 8 sec or better car then aftermarker is the way to go, but IMO anything to that point I'd prefer the Ford unit & the BF more so, I've been using/ tuning the EECV & EECIV with Tweecer & Moates & the SCT eliminate chips for years, the only thing that lets me down with the earlier modles is the condition of the wiring which can be frustating due to the age of the loom, pins & how corrosion attacks them, then you have to go with an aftermarket as then we look at cost..

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d

Scaling a t-MAP can only be done via dodgy manipulation of accessible tables.....one can't re-scale the sensor calibration. I can only imagine how confused the PCM must get without a correct rescale, considering the t-MAP calibration is one of the most important in the ford PCM. A 3.5 bosch t-MAP on reads down to -15 inHG at sea level iirc so I'd be sticking with a 3bar as they go down to -24 inHG. Anyway not starting a $hitfight but I reckon a ford engineer would cringe at the thought of this!

• Member For: 14y 9m 13d

intresting & yes the ford engineer would be pulling his hair out, but when I was told that I cant do the same on a AU s11 with the std map cuting boost out at 3 psi then worked out the scaling at the point that I wanted to see, was then able to use the SCT software to provide upto 14psi boost not that I wanted it & it provided acuate fuel & spark from logging, well to say I was happy that It could be done was an understatment, but now days what we do is wire up an Bseries map if we need to go further, I'm just a mechanic that's inquisitive & makes mistakes like everyone else..

• 2 years later...
  • REST IN PEACE V8
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 7d

https://www.facebook.com/MicksMotorsport/posts/872613476136925

I have my tuner looking into this as I want to run my flex sensor with a computer that can talk to it