Any Aftermarket Ecu's That Will Run The Xr6T Yet?

zzz-ba ute

• Member For: 15y 8m 2d

can you run a 2 step off the transbrake using standard ford pcm one that's pops off and make it look like your motor is exploding I wish someone would do a right up on how to install a haltech or motec or put a link up for me.

I have done ViPEC V88 installs on XR6T and XR8, what do you want to know about installing an aftermarket ECU.

• Member For: 13y 3m 24d

does it come with a wiring harness that goes straight in do you have to change the coils is it pretty staight forward to do? I have a c4 transbraked now and it is awesome for building boost but when I am bottom bulbing I find that I go red really easy I stage really consistant shallow but the converter controls how much revs I get I wanna limit the revs to the same everytime so there is no excuses for cutting sh*t lights or going red for every 200 less revs is 0.005 roughly. when racing turbos against v8s in bracket racing you dont cut the light you lose because it is very hard to dial honnest in a 4l turbo varaible cam timing hurts consistantcy intake temps hurt aswell especially when you get oil downs.

There are 2 looms on the ViPEC V88, this is a full wire in process.

You can use the standard coils,however a CDI unit or external ignition module or modules must be used to control the coils.

I use CDI units, namely the ViPEC XPS-4.

The ViPEC has full VVT and DBW control without requiring any external interfaces.

The V88 has great Launch Control functions which would help your 60 ft times become more consistant,when setup in conjunction with your trans brake.

The install is fairly straight forward, just need a pullup resistor or reluctor interface connected to the crankangle sensor to keep the tacho and CANBUS happy.

Sorry, I dont have any pictures,

You need to put a 1.2 K ohm resistor in series on the CAS positive wire to the FORD ECU, I do this up at the ECU close to the connector plug.

You then attach the V88 trigger 1 positive wire to the FORD CAS positive wire, before the resistor.

You will need to adjust Trigger 1 Arming Threshold voltage value to lower values than what are supplied in the default file.

This will ensure a clean signal read by the V88.

An Autronic reluctor interface is a more precise way of setting this up.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Ahh the good old relucter interface.

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 9m 13d

I'm a beliver that the ford pcm is far superior than most of the aftermarket ecu's out there & as far as scaling a 3, 3.5 & 4 bar map sensor yes that can be done through the sct software not as perfect as a built in map sensor in an aftermarket ecu but its doable, when we do our Barra conversion in E series & the AU's we rewire the engine using the B series harnes & the DBW throtle, also we rewire the old BTR 4 speed so then we can control the auto with the B series ecu then we have total control over the engine & gear box & have the cruise control to work as well !!! ..... tell me what ecu can do all that for $100 as that's what I'm buying them from my local wrecker

trans brake did you say, pick up a supply from the convertor pressure & redirect it into the box to lock up to packs through a solinode & a horn switch to operate it, a cheap & effective solution

cheers

Joe

The 4 speed auto is an issue, been there done that also, major headache, the 6 speed dont even think about that.

There are a couple of ways around it,with the 4 speed however the final results are not ideal, in my opinion.

We installed a C4/C10 auto in the XR6T I did.

As for ViPEC they do have a base map for the XR6T.

As for the wiring it is fairly straight forward for experienced people.

At the end of the day these types of installs are for people chasing specific setups.

The FORD ECU is definately worth using for MOST applications, they are very precise and capable of letting you acheive your goals, it all comes back to the TUNER and the software that they use.

Everything has it's good and bad points.

These are all only my OPINIONS, based on my experiences.