Wa / Perth Guys Im Moving Over And Need Some Info!

berzerker

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 7d

Hey guys

So I live in Brisbane and have been after a mining or drillers offsider job for about 3 months now.

Im pretty much fed up with sending thousands of emails and making hundreds of calls so im heading over to try my luck probably within about 8 weeks if I can get my sh!t together quickly and organise the logistics of the plan..

My plan is to try to have a accommodation and a temp forklift or truck job either lined up for when I get there or soon after to tide me over while I scout the drillers/mine jobs.

Ive got forklift LF and LO and HR and first aid and im 32.

As well ill want my car there and will be organising to have it trucked over to be there when I get there.

So basically if anyones got any helpful info on:

- Where to live (if youve got a room let me know!)

- Who to transport my car over

- Easy to get labouring/forklift job for the short term

- Anything else I need to know like transferring car rego and that kind of stuff

​Ive met a bunch of the brisbane blokes from here and vouch for me if youve got a spare room or anything for the time being.

Cheers for any info guys!

Tim.

I

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

Not from WA but one of my mates just did the move..

Try http://www.automover.com.au They were reasonably priced from Brisbane to Perth and let him leave whatever he wanted in the car.. Most places want you to clear the car out completely... But he was able to put all his gear that didn't fit in the freight container in the back of the ute for the trip.

• Donating Members

Thanks panda ill be calling them asap and yeah ciaran that's the sort of thing ill need to get settled once I'm there, cheers ill phone them too..

Any thoughts on living north of the river or south?

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 26d

Haha that's a line that will start a war in Perth.

I live NOR and have no complaints - there's equally as little to do NOR as there is SOR. Dont think it really matters too much (always been NOR here)

• Donating Members

Try http://www.automover.com.au They were reasonably priced from Brisbane to Perth and let him leave whatever he wanted in the car

Quote was $1430... that's down from $1900 for my last quote so thanks pal and ill be filling the car up im only taking what I can fit into the car.. rest of my sh*t getting put into a shipping container and stored at a mates for now.

• 4 weeks later...