Dealer Appraisal...

03whiteturbo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 21d

Skyline to xr6t was painful. I would suggest if I was in your position is to put it up on carsales privately for a suitable price, and just simply wait. It worked for me after the dealership said I would never get more than 1.5 - 2k for my 98" R34 with 63,000klm on it. - Sold for 14.5k.

It did take about 6 months though.

• Member For: 15y 4m 22d

New car dealers HATE trade ins. With a passion. I've traded in 2 cars last year at my dealer, they were 10 years + old and selling privately just wsasn't worth the pain. . Had to fight like crap to get a decent trade in price which I was ewventually happy with.. Any GOOD car you should sell privately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 9d

I thought I didn't get out much ..... why would you be shocked on what dealers want to offer for used cars? old news really.

Edited by TITO

• Member For: 14y 1m 7d

Dre. If you are buying a new car, the sales person doesn't see any change in commision affected by the trade-in price. Commision is based on the price of the new car. The value of the trade-in is a completely different transaction. Commision is only affected when the trade-in is sold later. And in many yards,there are separate sales people for new and used, so the new sales person still isn't going to make anything out of it anyway. The value of the trade is set by the wholesaler buying the cars. The new car price is set by the factory plus Govt On-Roads. (Which are a rip-off. Getting charged GST on Stamp Duty. A tax on the tax you pay.) Any difference in the change-over is governed by the Sales Manager and the Owner of the Dealership as they are the only ones making any money out of the deal. The poor old Sales Person is stuck between an angry customer and a greedy Boss, so cop the crap from both sides. And for what? A dismal commision which averages nearly $60 after tax per car. Some dealerships like Toyota pay even less. There is no money in selling new cars. Only used. And the bosses get most of that anyway. A new car Salesman just wants you to take a car. The amount is unimportant as their pay will rarely be affected. People seem to think that Car Sales people make a killing, but they don't. They usually can't afford the cars they are selling. The customer makes more money. I used to sell for a couple of years. but got sick of being nice to butt-holes who think a new car is too overpriced, but their old bomb which has never been serviced should be worth the same as when new, ten years ago. "Tell him he's dreaming."

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 12d

Commission is based on profit made on the vehicle sold..

That price is fair considering they would have prolly given u 7k if u asked for it and white Isnt popular...

And ba are not worth much anymore...

I sold these cars for a fair while and trust me ... U don't get better pice unless u ask...

Also private sale on performance based cars is always better because to a car yard it's the same as a xr6 with a couple grand extra price tag. Doesn't mean anything to them that it's turbo other than what they can sell it for and the stoker they put on the window.

Oh an I resent that comment lol coz I made shut loads f money selling new cars... If your a good sales person u can make money anywhere.

Oh and FYI for all you people who hate at sales people and say new car sales ppl hate trade inns... Actually it's prolly the one person u spoke to 3 years ago who was in a sh*tty mood and had a bad day...

Don't tarnish all with 1 brush...

I don't mind trading cars but the problem is that a lot of people have an idea why their car is worth and it's because they are emotionally attached to their car that they think it's worth more than what it is...

It is a business like anything... You need to turn over a profit... So of I gave u $13k for your turbo and put it on my lot or $13k then paid some one to fix/ detail / get it in sellable condition... Then paid for another 3 months reg... Then some one in the hard haggles me down 1k then how far is that business gonna go???

You pay for the convenience of instant removal of your old car and the worry of not having to sell it...

I have sold many a car for under $50 profit margin to keep a customer happy and customer service up... But even those ungrateful bastard prolly go on forums like this and rip the poor sales person a new one for just doing their job and having to deal with the prices does charges dealerships for the cars.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 5d

From those 3 posts I gathered that, of you have boobs you can sell anything.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 12d

C'mon... I mean if u had a 20year old blonde with big boobies in a classy business suit come up and say "hi there... Would you like to take the new fg f6 for a test drive???" what would u say lol

Edited by Fluffy Mc D