Buying A Brand New Lemon From Ford

rednuts81

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 4d

I'd be turning up at that dealership and taking a sh*t on their doorstep or just doing something to prove a point.

In cases like this you won't get any money back or compensation and if you try to it will cost you an arm and a leg trying.

It's people and businesses like this that really make me angry. Would be great if you could sue them or something.

• Like 1

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d

Have you called the Ford customer relations centre? What have they had to say?

But yeah Reef City are not renowned for their ability or knowledge, know a few people in Gladstone that purchase/take their vehicles to Rockhampton or Bundaberg instead of dealing with those muppets.

Best of luck with it :pinch:

• Get on the end of it.....
  • Member For: 18y 3m 12d

Lol been looking at that my solicitor is working on it now , I have my own plan to cost them some money :sungum: . Fair Traiding is a joke to so dont bother with them , f*ckin hopeless lol

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 28d

And then they will send you a customer satisfaction survey. Once they have your money they don't give a toss. I reckon 2000 extra klms and all that time without the car has got to be worth a few thousand. I love the FPVs but would I buy another one NEVER too much chance of being abandoned with a lemon.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 6d

We knew of a bloke who brought a VE SS brandnew with fianace, car was a lemon from get go,piston slap,gearbox problems,diff problems. Got so fed up that he handed it back to Esanda and defaulted on loan as it was easiest thing to do as GMH did squat. Now he pays $40 a week just to keep them happy after Esanda sold it at auction as he owed $15000 still as at auction only sold for $24000.

Have you called the Ford customer relations centre? What have they had to say?

But yeah Reef City are not renowned for their ability or knowledge, know a few people in Gladstone that purchase/take their vehicles to Rockhampton or Bundaberg instead of dealing with those muppets.

Best of luck with it :pinch:

Hey Tab , yeh ive been dealing with them but they r just as bad just givin me the run around mate they have said they will compensate me with a hard cover and hopefully a bull bar , but at the end of the day they r going to tell me there is nothing wrong with it and give me back a dangerous car.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Unortunately a car going into limp mode is not considered legally dangerous. Or they couldn't do it.

A friend bought a new range rover and it went into lock up and locked her in it half way up Noosa hill. The was after the rear door half fell off going up t he same hill previously. Obviously they have a lot of bucks. They got no where legally and sold the thing for quite a loss.

Can happen to anything any time.

But with Fords warrenty and dealer service they are a car for the 2nd hand market.

I believe the new ranger is built in Korea like all other med utes. Lots of bugs to be worked out there me thinks

Edited by XR09

Unortunately a car going into limp mode is not considered legally dangerous. Or they couldn't do it.

A friend bought a new range rover and it went into lock up and locked her in it half way up Noosa hill. The was after the rear door half fell off going up t he same hill previously. Obviously they have a lot of bucks. They got no where legally and sold the thing for quite a loss.

Can happen to anything any time.

But with Fords warrenty and dealer service they are a car for the 2nd hand market.

I believe the new ranger is built in Korea like all other med utes. Lots of bugs to be worked out there me thinks

Yeh they r built in tialand like every thing else is these days , its not only going into limp its actually losing power and stalling now, it just die s and its mostly when doing 100 kmph . so yeh its dangerous I think any way. Never buying a car from them f*cktards again

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

I think after reading horror stories like this...I hope I never buy a new car.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

How funny is that. That they are all built in thailand.

Wonder if the same pratt owns all the factories that they all come out of. Betting my lefty he does.

Thinking your probs could be solved as simply as a new ecu. That they have,nt done that make me wonder how hard they are going to fill back orders.

Meant to be the best of them the new Ranger and sorry for your teething probs.

Unfortunately your dealer probs are more the norms. Wiping a fault code pffffght what idiots on a new line.

Edited by XR09