Buying A Brand New Lemon From Ford

rednuts81

• Get on the end of it.....
  • Member For: 18y 3m 12d

Well on wed I bought a new car from fraud to have a little off road fun and the wife to do the shopping its a new ford ranger. Picked it up from the dealer and got about 46kms heading to my house and the car went into limp mode and lost all power . Rang ford assist and they said sorry we have no record of that car so we cant do any thing so rang the dealer were I bought it they said oh just take it to the nearest dealer its to late in the day every ones gone home. I got the car to the closest dealer (Not the one I bought it from) and they said you will have to walk we have no cars to give you lol. So missed a few days of work and rang around for a few days lookin for a car and some answers they ring back friday and said the car is good to go. I drove back to the town I bought it from on saturday and 5kms out it broke down again (limp mode , lost all power) I got it back to the dealer were they are looking at it now. so since wed I have done a total of 223kms my question is has this happened to any one before on any sort of car and do should I be givin a replacement?

Ford customer service said they cant issue me another car it has to be from the dealer, but no one from there wants to talk to me any more lol. Im going over in the falcon today to give the f*ck heads a bit of a shake up. At least my turbo is reliable :sungum:

• Member For: 15y 1m 27d

Mate sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Ok so they have had 2 attempts to fix it. I say if it happens again you are well within your rights to ask for an equivalent replacement.

I would firstly approach the dealership to provide you with a loan vehicle for the duration of the repair. Secondly for the inconvenience I would

be hitting them up for some sort of compensation. A factory backed extended warranty wouldn't hurt. Pitch it to them in a such a way that if they stand behind

their product they would show their faith by offering this to you. You require a reliable vehicle fit for purpose.

You could chase free services but im not sure how that will go.

Write a letter or an email send it to the Salesman, Sales Manager and Ford Australia.

Give fair trading a call and see what advice they can offer.

At the end of the day it really depends on what is wrong with the vehicle.

http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/consumer-rights-responsibilities.htm

Edited by Corzza

• 1 month later...
Ok just an update and a warning when buying a new car. Its been 8 weeks now and Fraud still have my car. Never buy a car from Reef City Ford in Gladstone man what a bunch of retards. After the third time they Tried to fix the problem they told me if it happeneds again bring it back with the fault code s up so we can do a data store on it and send it to ford Australias top tek. I drove it 80kms and all the faults come back so I took it back they saved all the data and reset the computer. Before they could send the info off they did an upgrade on the dianostic machine and wiped all the data off it :ireful: . They rented me a car ( Camery) and said leave it with us we will fix it, I went and seen the dealer prin and he had no clue and didnt want to help get me a replacment car or money back. Ford Australia or CRC said they were determined to fix it, so Gladstone had it for 4 weeks and did more than 1200kms in it and cant get it to fault, so they sent it to brisbane and its been there for over a week now and they are as usefull as a cock favoured lollie pop. They pritty much said there is nothing wrong with it and it could be right to go (Q Ford did 800 kms in it as well) I got on to fair traiding a month ago and they said they were looking in to it but cant enforce any of those laws to get me a new car , that I would have to get a solicitor witch I have now. At the end of the day I will end up with a new replacement car and empty pockets because of the money I have lost allready on missing work ect and solicitors or ill have an unsafe used car with 3000kms on it. When fair traiding rang Chris from reef city ford in gladstone the dog lied to them and said that they never had a fault with the car but couldnt explain why it has been there for 4 weeks lol this is the type of people that work there. I could have went into more detail but it would take me all day to write lol

Yep Yep that's what they are like, I just talked to queensland head tek at Q Ford in Bris and he said he cant fault it now and that having the data log would have helped them fix it properly. Now it looks like the f*ck tards are going to say there is nothing wrong with it now and give it back. I think they should sign some sort of contract saying that if there is an accident caused by this car dropping dead in the middle of the free way they should be liable for any damages or loss of life. Out of all this thow no one rang from gladstone to say sorry or follow up ive had to ring around all the time and it was even a struggle to get a car off them to drive around in.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 24d

All your correspondence should be via E-mail mate. Even if they don't reply - you have a record that they have not replied - It might be a bit late by now, but at least you could show a timeline to fair trading of what your going through.