Fg Thermo Fans

FGMAN

• Member For: 12y 6m 21d

Hey guys, I want to run a switch for my thermo fans so that I can switch them on or off as I please but still want them to come on auto as per normal, how would I go about doing this on my FG xr6t?

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 23d

Tap into the switched side of the fan relay with an on off switch... Dont know why youd want to but that's how id do it... May bring up dtc's... And doing it this way if it wasnt commanded on by the pcm you wouldnt be able to turn them on only be able to turn them off when commanded on by pcm if u get my drift

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 19d

u can have a flash tune with the fans set to come on earlie if that's what your after?

ie a burnourt tune with fans on instantly ( played with this b4 so yes it works )

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 30d

u can have a flash tune with the fans set to come on earlie if that's what your after?

ie a burnourt tune with fans on instantly ( played with this b4 so yes it works )

I've had mine set to come on earlier in the tune. Don't see why you Wouldn't be happy this way.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d

Keep in mind that there are two speeds as well, low speed they run in series, high speed in parallel, which is determined by relays.

Assuming the FG is the same setup it shouldn't be too difficult if you can get your hands on a wiring diagram.

So I'd guess you just need to place a switch on an additional earth of whatever relay you want to trigger (again assuming that they are normally switched on the earth)