Please Help Me Build My Turbo To 300+Rwkw + 1/4 Mile Times

russxr6t

• Member For: 12y 5m 22d

Hey all,

So I know there's a few of these threads going around and I've searched and searched and I think I'm just making myself more confused. Basically I want to build a daily that I can take to the drags and with some practise run atleast a 13(a high 12 would be nice). I would aim for an 11 but I know the driveline mods needed are probs out of my budget(for now!). Budget is 3k-7k MAX depending on what I get...Basically aiming as cheap as can reliably.

The Car: BF mk 2(08/06) XR6 Turbo

Mods so far are minimal being:

Bilstein coilovers all round.Photo is of when I got it though will update when I get home!

Just put the earls turbo oil filter on and ditched the old one as recommended here! Glad I did after seeing it.

So the questions I have are:

Intercooler kits - I know what's out there PW,Plasmaman ect but what do I need to avoid losing power at my goals? I can't find an answer apart from don't get a monza or f6 cooler. I want to do it properly so if I need a stage 3 I will buy it but if stage 1 will be safe then great!

Injectors - What brand and size? Some say get the biggest so you can power up later but how big? I was thinking of going Siemens here.

Exhaust - Pretty easy one from reading I'm thinking the cat, centre muffler removal and bigger dump will be enough.(Size?)

Fuel Pump - ???? Here as I've been given mixed ideas some say you NEED a surge tank, other just upgrade the pump.

Tune and xcal3 - No brainer on xcal 3 and will probably head to Monsta Torque for tune(Heard nothing but good things).

Sorry for the novel, but I think every persons needs are different so let me know what you think please! Want to start collecting parts asap so I can get it tuned. Just finished servicing everything I could think of to make it ready.

post-48166-0-18487400-1328271657_thumb.j

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Get a really good cooler kit, plazmaman or PW.

Injectors

Intank

4" dump + cat.

Xcal and tune.

Will make over 300 easily and easy 12s, high 11s with good tyres.

Thanks for the reply Henz! Noticed you have the surge tank I mentioned, did you get that when you went past 300rwkw? Don't want to be sucking air...

Plus you went for the biggest 1000hp cooler I was thinking about the 800hp? Should be enough yeah? Oh yeah and just 60lbs Siemens aswel.

Reason I'm thinking about cooler choice is the standard one gives me MASSIVE lag once the engine goes past 1/4 on the temp guage(don't drive it hard until then) on a hot day mostly. But it's that bad doesnt even feel like the turbo's doing anything. Want the right one.

Guessing you got a 12PSI Actuator which I shouldnt really need for 300??

This kit is the one im thinking of https://www.plazmaman.com/shop/index.php?action=item&itemId=209 once I add fitting price the plenum is probably out of budget sucks its so sexy. Will get a quote now I know what I want, thanks for your help.

Edited by russxr6t

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

You don't need a surge tank but, but you will have to keep the tank over 1/2 all the time.

The 800hp cooler is plenty good for your needs.

Steal some ideas from ideas from Tonyv's bf2, he has plazmaman 800hp, bolt in dump & cat, injectors, intank and tune and does high 11s.

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 4d

Yeah mate, make sure you get a decent cooler. As soon as it's on you'll notice that the car will not lose power anymore when it's hot. I just did bosch injectors, waste gate actuator, high flow cat and removed middle muffler, Rapid V3 cooler and that was about it. I made 290 and that was on a 30 degree day on 12psi.

The tuner said I'd need a cat back or another pound of boost to make 300 but I left it as is as I don't want to demolish the 4spd.

You should be able to make 300 for about $3000 I reckon.

Sweet, thanks a lot for the replies. I just sent Rob an e-mail so see what he says.If it comes in under 4 grand il do it tomorrow if it's over it might be another couple of swings away I've got a goal on my mortgage to get to! One thing though I wasn't going to do the wastegate actuator as was hoping to keep it on or below 12PSI anyway...Isn't that a $1000 item???