Thoughts On This Quote?

UBA

• Member For: 13y 8m 29d

Personally I think that when looking to have work done on these particular cars one should really be considering the Forum advertisers. For the want of a better description, this and other Forums fundamentally create a peak body, an institution that allows members to give both positive and negative feedback on consumer experience. Now the way I see it, if an advertiser is involved in a forum he then opens himself up to the consumers feedback. If he is not competent then he will disappear from where he came. However if he is good at his profession, and understands how important customer satisfaction is, everyone's happy. So from my viewpoint I think that by using a forum advertiser, you are best positioned to gain a good product at a reasonable price with greater surity. As I have witnessed, at times, that forum advertisers have got things wrong (a human condition), but always seek to right any unfortunate wrong or clear up any miscommunication. Therefore I believe that your best option is to go to the best people, and further they do have a right to charge a little more because they have done the work and made the mistakes. And what may seem a little extra now will potentially (most probably) save you huge amounts down the track, Cheers

• Like 2

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 3d

Hi my BA xr6t 4spd auto has a v2 kit, standard dump, Hi flow cat, standard exhaust, hi flow pump, 60psi injectors nearly all items purchased from rapid and tuned at cresscent

I would say around $4000.00 all up and running 280 rwkw if that nelps you in anyway

cheers

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 29d

$900 for the tune, is through CMS, who do all RApidsystems tuning and fitting (unless the customer wants to go else where, which is fine), I can do much about the tuning price, that's what CMS charges, and $795 is Herrods set retail price.

You can pay less for tuning , and you can pay more , I guess it comes down to who you like or what good things you've heard about a tuner.

CMS tunes are becoming very well regarded, with fords coming from interstate for mods and tuning, as well as a lot of cars coming from other top Sydney tune shops for retunes and more suitable mods fitted.

I'm not saying don't go elsewhere, C&V , tunehouse, autotech ect are also great well regarded tuners... It's up to the customer :)

• Member For: 17y 10m 14d

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I think we all know where I'll be going for the mods .

If I was you I would spend some more time reading around the forums here. You have plenty of examples showing you what people have done to their cars to achieve a certain power level.

You would be happy with 280rwkw and want to fit a full exhaust? Have a look under your car and see how big the standard exhaust really is the Jap imports upgrade to similar systems we run stock!

How much is your BA worth? 7k is a considerable amount to spend on go fast mods. I'm just trying to put ideas into your head but at the end of the day you should do what will make you happy.

• Member For: 12y 3m 23d

My local performance shop (Fisher Performance) in Adelaide told me that with my BF MKII I can achieve 300+rwkw EASY with a decent exhaust (3.5" dump + 2.5" twin back + high flow cat) valued around $2200 and a good flash tune for $1500.

Now, that seems pretty decent despite not changing any internals or the fuel system.