Going Crazy On A G6Et... Build.

G6ET8U

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m

is this on e85 or 98

It's on BP Ultimate 98 Snapper.

And Matty, no I haven't yet mate. The last couple of times Calder has been on I have already been booked with dinner, birthday's etc... but this one coming I'm not booked for anything. May 12th so should be in position to run the car then. I'll have to get hold of some slicks too!

Jack :spoton:

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 2m 6d

Awesome car dude! You pretty much have the exact mods fitted to your car which I would get if I had an FG Turbo. I have always loved the coarse and deep note of Di Filippo exhausts and consider them to be among the best on the market. Sure, they aren't the prettiest and certainly not the most refined sounding, but they make great power and have a great note nonetheless. As for the Plazmaman gear, the latest stuff they have for FG Turbo's look unbelievable, both in quality, fit and finish and style. Enjoy your car and the awesome mods that you have chosen for your car! I'm more than a little bit envious....

Edited by Strangled Cat

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 14d

Just spent 35mins reading this.

Great build Jack good on you I definately know where you are coming from you built this for yourself not to impress others, just everyday cruising.

Love the stock looking weapen that it is as its how I like my cars to look, original from the outside but lethal on the inside.

Cheers

Nickd

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Hey Jack,

I noticed on full boost that you went to heathcote recently and you have some new rims, can you updates on how your track times are going and any other changes?

Cheers,

Daniel.

• Like 1

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m

Sorry lads I've been slack lately on this forum! Change of job/career, moving house and generally just completely falling out with my old man in the last few months.

I have taken it to the track, last Sunday afternoon actually. Will definately being going again!

Ran 11.7 @ 122.7 with a fairly slack 1.95 60 foot... Only had 1 run, on brand new slicks (NT05R) with a pathetic burnout that hardly even took the stickers off lol...

18df1e49.jpg

TRA1NER yeah mate I have new wheels, I managed to get hold of some original DJR BBS Challenge wheels from the BA GT's Dick Johnson did. 9.5" rear was what I was after and something that would clear Brembo's, sadly I bought a set of 6 spot Brembo's and they were stolen from my security cage at my new apartment only 2 weeks ago. Shattered to say the least about the brakes. Especially when I found out my house insurance and my car insurance both don't cover them... just had them and now they're gone :(

Here is the car with the BBS wheels...

e40bc848.jpg

69b8a244.jpg

I am now running Toyo T1 Sport tyres on the front and Nitto NT05 in 275 on the rear. Nitto's are crazy good grip wise when they are warm! Bit slippery when they aren't :D

66cfcf53.jpg

I also managed to get hold of a brand spanking new ZF in case the one I have dies :) more insurance than anything.

That's about it for now but I will be taking the car back to the drags, more than likely Heathcote again in 2 weeks time.

Jack :spoton:

• Like 4

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 10d

Man that's sh*t about the brakes. So they're not counted as contents under your home insurance? Sounds like bullsh*t fine print to me :(

Where did you get hold of the new ZF? Do Ford sell them directly or was it through 'connections'?

Only asking cause I remember reading something about them being locked to your ECU and people have had to go to Ford when they've swapped engines or transmissions with other cars. I'm curious how it works if Ford actually sell you the transmission...