Taking On The Epa

Dillz

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

Bit harsh/unfair maybe yes, but then if you want a faster car.....buy one. If you cant afford it. Bad luck.

Have to agree 100% with this.

And dillz I've seen them use the tripod.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Just read most of the VIC roads guidelines. You guys are screwed. Thank god I live in WA. Our fully modified Nizpro F6 went straight over pit inspection. WA rules.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Both correct. New cars have to pass a million test to be "legal" so it only makes sense that what companies go through shouldnt be thrown out the window as soon as its bought.

Bit harsh/unfair maybe yes, but then if you want a faster car.....buy one. If you cant afford it. Bad luck.

No one wins wither way sometimes with modded cars (unfortunately) hence the rules.....(been there before and never again)

True but a few modified cars on the road is going to have little impact.Over 95% of the cars on the road would be stock.

If I keep my modified car and dont buy a new one , I guarantee I will emit less harmful emissions in the next 10 - 20 years than the emissions produced to manufacture a new car.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

HSV's come out with 275's standard? and porsche's 315s...

Yeah but Ford don't, 25mm wider then the widest they come out with is the rule.

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

True but a few modified cars on the road is going to have little impact.Over 95% of the cars on the road would be stock.

If I keep my modified car and dont buy a new one , I guarantee I will emit less harmful emissions in the next 10 - 20 years than the emissions produced to manufacture a new car.

Excellent point Aaron and I agree.

My point was not so much directed at "EPA", more modded cars (hence my overquotes) that are too loud/low/unsafe etc etc and people whinge they were "canaried"........well, they deserve to be in 99% of instances IMO as whats the point in having safety/road/emission rules otherwise.

I personally think the rules are very leniant/understanding in most situations if owners are sensible.

Edited by CBXRT