Rules Once In The 11S

XR64LT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 17d

Hey just a few questions, I recently purchased a pair of MT street slicks to run deeper into the 11s now just wondering for those of you that have ran 11.99 or quicker have you installed a tail shaft loop and 4 point harness? how did you install the harness? What tyres pressures are best for MT's? Price of andra licence? Any help would be great, I just dont want to rock up get 1 run and get sent home.

Sorry if these questions have been answered before.

Leo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 17d

do some googling but im pretty sure new rules just came out recently for "modern cars". If you have 4 wheels disk brakes and airbags and a few other little things, which when I did the research our T's had, you can run as quick as 10's without doing anything...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 17d

The General Managers of the three tracks - Kevin Prendergast (Perth Motorplex), Tony Beuk (Sydney Dragway) and Steve Bettes (Willowbank Raceway) – who hold many years of both first-hand and top level management experience in Drag Racing, Super Speedway, domestic and international Circuit Racing - informed the Australian National Drag Racing Association (ANDRA) this morning of the following changes:

- Modernisation of the rules around which vehicles are eligible for Drag Racing at the entry level - allowing all road going vehicles with airbags and four-wheel disc brakes to run to a performance level of 10 seconds or slower on the quarter mile. Road-going motorcycles will also be able to perform to this level. (Full details of the new rules can be found on the websites of all three tracks)

- The initiation of a 50 million dollar Public Liability Insurance Cover policy covering the three tracks. Engineered in conjunction with leading insurance companies and brokers, the new policy will provide coverage for more than 300 Drag Racing events across the three facilities to the same standard and coverage currently provided by ANDRA.

...ok my bad looks like it is only across the 3 tracks atm, maybe it will become a standard thing in the near future???

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 9d

I've run 7 11 sec passes as low as 11.1 at wsid and have not been advised to modify my car, don't even need an andra lic anymore if you just run it on off street events like race for real.

• Member For: 17y 10m 21d

Yep the rules have changed at wsid or sydney dragway as they call it now anyway.

Back in 2010 whenI ran my first 11 they waited for me when I came back and I had to buy an Andra licence to stay for the night, glad all that crap is over.

They did not bother me last month running a few 11's. Oh and you dont need MT's all the cool kids are doin 11's on street tyres these days...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 17d

I did an 11.8 on kuhmo tyres, just happened to come across a pair of mt's allready on ba wheels going for a good price. Plus I wasnt stalling it up to its full potention so if I end up with low to mid 11s street car I think anyone would be happy with that. Might put on the loop for safetys sake and not worry about the harness unless they pull me up for it.