G6Et - 350Kw Or 320Rkws - The List To Get Me There?

SydCrazi

• Member For: 13y 5m 4d

Hi Guys,

Someone correct me, as I will most likely need it - I am a 'newbie' to turbo charged vehicles.

G6ET - I want to make 350Kws which I estimate to be roughly 320Kws at rear wheels? :unsure::idunno:

From what I have gathered so far - to get from the stock 270 killer wasps to 350 - Best upgrade path I can see to get me there:

(I am looking for opinions, corrections etc)

Cold Air Intake System - Either Growler, Nizpro, or Blue Power Systems. (From what I can tell they are just an air box replacement, no piping - I could go the full move the battery option and get a race air box on the other side, but don't think I need it for what power I am going for)

Cat Back Exhaust System - Not sure on brands here for best performance gain? (Been told if you replace the stock cat, your forever tuning the car, both a ford and an external mechanic told me same thing here, not saying true, just what I was told)

Turbo Piping Replaced - Herrod Motorsport have a mad kit for like $450. I am sold and will get this asap.

Increase Boost - SO much varied information on the Net, the more reading the more confused I am. Not sure what to do here, or how much to increase boost. Guess I'll ask the tuner based on what KW's I want to reach.

Larger Inter-cooler -Guess I'll ask the tuner what I need to go with.

Larger Injectors - Not really needed I would say. More a safety thing.

Boost Controller - This or a Dual Stage controller, just something that I can flick between lots of PSI to stock PSI when I want to save fuel.

Flash Tune - Once all bits on, a flash tune and actual dyno tune to make it all work together nicely. Not sure on a good brand here. Maybe the CAPA one, the KPM one, the X3 Flash Tune?

Turbo Tidy Up - Porting and general once over? Seems to be a recommended thing?

:idunno::unsure: Did I get everything I need to get me to where I want to go or have I missed something?? :unsure::idunno:

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m

Your list is close but still way off.

For boost control, it will all come from the xcal. So xcal3 and tune is a MUST!

You will deFinitely need injectors at that level. F6 injectors will do though.

Cat back is fine, just hi flo cat will be enough.

A good cooler + piping is a must too.

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 18d

Hey mate, we can tell you what we reckon all day long, but your best bet is to get in contact with a forum sponsor and give them your goal and see how they would achieve it. these guys work on these cars day in day out and know how to achieve the results you are after.

Also, if you have a good look through the 300 section there are alot of fg's in the 300-320 range which will give you a great idea of what it takes.

• Member For: 15y 7m 16d

If you change the air intake to Nizpro or Process West (both require battery relocated) you will need to modify the waste gate and put a larger flapper spring to control the increased boost - if you don't your boost will spike all over the show..

It's all money in the end - and how far YOU wish to go.

Some prices for indication

http://www.xtremefordtuning.com.au/index.php/tuning/fg/xr6t-g6et

• Member For: 13y 5m 4d

Hey mate, we can tell you what we reckon all day long, but your best bet is to get in contact with a forum sponsor and give them your goal and see how they would achieve it. these guys work on these cars day in day out and know how to achieve the results you are after.

Also, if you have a good look through the 300 section there are alot of fg's in the 300-320 range which will give you a great idea of what it takes.

Thanks for all the tips everyone for my beginner questions. :beerchug:

I will think of the pain of $ later, right now I am just learning all the options,, got as much idea as this bloke > :sharon:

I'll be in touch with a forum sponsor or tuner when the time comes, at least now I have a rough idea of what's needed.

I got a feeling it's 'a slippery slope' once you start, hehe :icon_ford: , but I'll do my best when the time comes to 'stick to the plan' ...

This is not a be all and end all, but a 'rough' list to get to a 'safe' 300-320rKws for FG.

From what I've gathered so far rough list is;

Air Box - Upgraded air flow either K&N and XR8 air box or a form of CAI.

Injectors - At least 60Lbs

Surge Kit - 044 and Process West Surge tank or equivalent kit.

Piping - Herrod Motorsport or equivalent kit.

Intercooler - PWR stepped Inter-cooler not body work needed.

Turbo Tidy - A quick port and flapper actuator work etc

Exhaust - Cat Back or just a High flow Cat, Venom Cat etc.

Flash Tune - X3 SCT Flash with a tune.

Boost - 15 Psi on a Switch from Dual Stage Controller (my 'current' personal preference here)

Well that about sorts out my original question, thanks again.

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 18d

unless boost control is an issue or it is your preference you can get to 320-330 without a port and actuator, several cars on here are in that range without it.

as far as the 2stage boost controller this is not something many people opt for on these cars as all the control is done by the factory computer. most people will have a high and low boost tune if they wish for multiple boost options.

most people tend to end up on the high boost tune and leave it there though.

• Member For: 12y 10m 17d

My understanding is if you go fitting a nice free flowing turbo back exhaust then boost control CAN become an issue and having the wastegate ported needs to be looked at. I think also to hold 15psi boost then an actuator upgrade is usually required.