How Much Power Is Your Gs Making?

mcfriz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 2d

Off our dyno the last GS auto I tuned made 235 rwkW stock and 335 rwkW when tuned, the GT on the other hand as an Auto made 295 rwkW stock and similarly 337 rwkW when tuned, the auto is more power hungry than the manual and the GS is possible lower in power than quoted, having said that when tuned the vehicles are the same in output, yay to Ford for making tune changes only.

As for torque, unless the comparison is on the same dyno, in the same gear, with the same tyre size and diff ratio then there is really not much comparison to be made, the job of a gearbox and torque converter as well as differential gears is to multiply torque, a 1970 Corolla if dynoed in 1st gear ( if it wouldn't wheel spin) would make as much torque as a GS in 4th gear, I could put a 6 cylinder 4wd in low range and make more than the 2000 nM our dyno can hold if I wanted to. Gear ratios trade torque for speed, more speed in 4th than 3rd but less speed, power is the product of torque x speed so is more consistant, 3 x 2 = 2 x 3=6

Cheers

I'm a bit confused by this. A TR6060 has a 4th gear ratio of 1.00:1. This means the torque figure would only be skewed by the diff. And of course a bit of loss from the clutch, gearbox, tailshaft, tyres etc.

I apologise if I am missing something.

Edited by Paulie2256

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 18d

Here you go, red line is stock (304rwkw) and blue line is tuned (367rwkw), you can clearly see the torque difference between stock and tuned, it completely transforms the feel of the car.

Dyno3.jpg

Hope this is a better indication of the torque difference :-)

Howsee

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 29d

I'm a bit confused by this. A TR6060 has a 4th gear ratio of 1.00:1. This means the torque figure would only be skewed by the diff. And of course a bit of loss from the clutch, gearbox, tailshaft, tyres etc.

And the wheel diameter and dyno roller diameter.

• Member For: 13y 3m 7d

Here you go, red line is stock (304rwkw) and blue line is tuned (367rwkw), you can clearly see the torque difference between stock and tuned, it completely transforms the feel of the car.

Dyno3.jpg

Hope this is a better indication of the torque difference :-)

Howsee

Thanks for putting this up mate!! im very impressed with your results and cant wait to show you guys my results aswell

• Member For: 14y 7m 13d

The difference in torque between the wheels and the engine is the ratio of roller rpm vs engine rpm, so tyre size, diff ratio, gear ratio and torque convereter all contribute, for example a 4th gear dyno on stock tyres with stock gears might be a round 0.5, the rollers are doing 2500 rpm when the engine is doing 5000 rpm, therefore the measured torque at the wheels is double the engine, the speed is half therefore the torque must be double. In theory you should be able to work out the ratio of absolute final gearing by comparing roller speed to engine rpm and then if the dyno measures torque accuratly the work out the approximate engine torque.

Joel

Edited by kartman

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 2d

The difference in torque between the wheels and the engine is the ratio of roller rpm vs engine rpm, so tyre size, diff ratio, gear ratio and torque convereter all contribute, for example a 4th gear dyno on stock tyres with stock gears might be a round 0.5, the rollers are doing 2500 rpm when the engine is doing 5000 rpm, therefore the measured torque at the wheels is double the engine, the speed is half therefore the torque must be double. In theory you should be able to work out the ratio of absolute final gearing by comparing roller speed to engine rpm and then if the dyno measures torque accuratly the work out the approximate engine torque.

Joel

Sweet thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 30d

Bit of a :cleanhouse:

Apologies if anything legitimate got removed, as there was that much crap in here I gave up going through each post.

Keep it on-topic our you're on a holiday. End of story.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 18d

what are these cars doing 1/4 mile stock. best I've seen is high 12's which doesnt equal 300rkw

Mine managed a 12.81