How Much Power Is Your Gs Making?

mcfriz

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Torque is never really accurate on a dyno AFAIK

• Member For: 13y 2m 10d

:stupid:

I see a lot of XR6T's showing way more torque than me with a similar power figure and it doesn't seem to make sense....

Edited by riptide

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d

Dead stock my car made 296rwkw, K&N raised it to 302rwkw, then the custom tune took it to

367rwkw/ 492rwhp with just a tad over 1400ft/lb of torque from roughly 2000-6500rpm...

I don't know how to convert the torque to nm I'm afraid...

• Member For: 14y 6m 17d

Off our dyno the last GS auto I tuned made 235 rwkW stock and 335 rwkW when tuned, the GT on the other hand as an Auto made 295 rwkW stock and similarly 337 rwkW when tuned, the auto is more power hungry than the manual and the GS is possible lower in power than quoted, having said that when tuned the vehicles are the same in output, yay to Ford for making tune changes only.

As for torque, unless the comparison is on the same dyno, in the same gear, with the same tyre size and diff ratio then there is really not much comparison to be made, the job of a gearbox and torque converter as well as differential gears is to multiply torque, a 1970 Corolla if dynoed in 1st gear ( if it wouldn't wheel spin) would make as much torque as a GS in 4th gear, I could put a 6 cylinder 4wd in low range and make more than the 2000 nM our dyno can hold if I wanted to. Gear ratios trade torque for speed, more speed in 4th than 3rd but less speed, power is the product of torque x speed so is more consistant, 3 x 2 = 2 x 3=6

Cheers

• Member For: 13y 2m 11d

Thanks guys I do understand, although I just want to see what a rough torque figure would be as I havnt tuned the GS yet! but my2010 fg xr50t had 908nm so I was seeing if they would roughly be the same or which made more!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 22d

I'll try an upload a pic of my dyno chart, as it has the before and after power and torque charted on it, you can see the difference there as when stock the torque falls away but once tuned it holds it flat. I'll try to upload that tomorrow if you like???

As for final figures kartman is spot on, there are so many factors as to what can affect the dyno reading, most people say 'take it down the 1/4 mile to get your true outputs', so dead stock my car ran an 12.8@109mph and as it is now should easily run an 11.9 pass :3gears:

Also malarkey carries on cause he wishes he had a GS, and I'm actually a nurse hence the emoticons :-) he just seems to like spamming ATM...