Optima Battery For My Ba

relentless xr6

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 12d

^^^ can't comment on the battery mate but the XS7000 ctek is a very good thing. You can use it as a regulated power supply also. I use it to power a turnigy unit to charge my Son's model batteries and razor scooter. V8 supercar teams use these units also. Couldn't go wrong with one of these.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 26d

Alright cheers, no longer on sale on their website but plenty elsewhere on the net. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for! Thanks mate :)

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 12d

^^^ exactly and one of the rare things you can buy these days that's actually built to last.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Abuser of Charvels
  • Member For: 20y 4m 12d

The XS7000 is what you want to charge am Optima. I researched and bought one after getting a yellow top and it's meant to me on snowflake mode for Optimas.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 9d

Don't have an optima in the T but use two yellow tops in my Fourby running driving/camp lights, fridge, winch, diff locks etc.

150k over 5 yrs on some rough tracks and only replaced one a month ago after forgetting to turn off the fridge and not running the trucks for a week 😂. Normally after a good charge these things would revive but this was once too often; RIP old yella'

I have heard any AGM battery needs a hefty voltage (14.4+) over a decent period to keep it at peak otherwise they tend to charge lower than 100%. Not a technician but heard some Prado owners boost the volts to the battery; as the engine heats up the alt reduces the volts below that needed to float AGM type batteries.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 2d

Ok so my Odessey Battery just up and died on me last nite. I have noticed over the last few days/weeks that its taking a bit longer to crank over. It has died on me before and I jump start it and its still goes for a while, but now it died again. Is this normal for this type of battery? I have jumped started it and have left the car idling for a while. Its the Odessey that comes with the Nizzy stage 2 (pc925??) and its about 2-3 years old (bought it second hand with the rest of the kit.)

Ps. the car is driven daily.

Do I need a new battery?

What would be a direct replacement and is a good battery?

Cheers.

• FLY-FPV
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 25d

Get a optima dry cell there good never had a issue with mine but there slot bigger than the odyssey so if room is a problem maybe not a good idea