All Things Zf

Dillz

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

sounds like you have a stock ZF tune in there which can sometimes "lurch". If you search this forum for the "lurch" you'll see that a tuner can fix it.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 7m 2d

In regards to having a ZF built up for big torque increases: Can you use a NON turbo Territory AWD ZF as a donor, or do you need to start with the turbo model ZF if you are looking to build one up for your Territory Turbo Ghia?

IIRC the differences were only the number and material type of clutches?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 5y 3m 24d

Just putting my engine back together, and noticed at the back of engine right in the middle, a hard plastic tube about 3-4mm I d poking up and it curls over against firewall, it looks like it comes off top of zf trans. Is it a breather tube for the trans? And is supposed to go onto anything or just hang about with end to atmosphere? I never spotted it when I took it all apart. Anyone know?

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

It’s the ZF breather, it comes out the top of the ZF with a push pull fitting and literally curls up and over on the retaining bracket that’s held back with one of the bell housings bolts and vents to atmosphere 

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 5m 14d
On 19/09/2019 at 3:25 PM, Slowxr6t said:

Just putting my engine back together, and noticed at the back of engine right in the middle, a hard plastic tube about 3-4mm I d poking up and it curls over against firewall, it looks like it comes off top of zf trans. Is it a breather tube for the trans? And is supposed to go onto anything or just hang about with end to atmosphere? I never spotted it when I took it all apart. Anyone know?

ZF Breather Hose 

Ford Part No: BAF 7H394 A - HOSE

Price: $23.16

Anybody who has removed the ZF know any info for the type of metal clip used to hold the ZF cable loom to the two points on the right side of the box . . .  ?

Ford Spare Part tell me you have to buy the complete cable assembly . . .  🥴

Edited by O Trader

• Member For: 15y 5m 14d

Anybody who has removed the ZF know any info for the type of metal clip used to hold the ZF cable loom to the two points on the right side of the box . . .  ?

Ford Spare Part tell me you have to buy the complete cable assembly . . . 🥴

• Member For: 5y 3m 24d

Iv just had my 15 fgx xr6t tuned to 382rwkw, my tuner said he turned up the 'Pressure at high torque' setting, up 10% from what it was stock and that was all he changed on the zf. Now between I think it is 2nd and 3rd gear or it could be 3rd and 4th gear it has this flutter when it changes gear, it did not do it before the tune, it doesn't do it every time, I think only when I'm giving it a little bit of right foot. Also when I left the dyno he had cleared all the warning lights, but 2 days later the check engine light is back on. Is the ecu just not liking the new found power? Any ideas guys? Thanks