Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 25d
On 02/11/2022 at 2:53 PM, Puffwagon said:

whiskey and deadlift method

So did this on the 12th, a couple of weeks ago. Pulled 210kg and also pulled my left trap muscle which is still sore. Recently managed a 180kg squat for a single, was hoping to get to 200 by the end of the year but doesn't seem likely. Bench is nothing crazy, managed 140kg for a single this year, right now can go out and do my bodyweight for 10 reps @115kg.

Just like making power with the car, it is never enough in the weight room either. Here's to ever increasing gains lol :drinks:

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d

smashing it bro... 140kg is not a small bench haha, that'd be almost double my bodyweight if I was even benching (I don't like it). 180kg is certainly nothing to sneeze at for a squat, either.

• Thanks 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 11d

Well... 

I have had to make a big mental shift from 50kgs/10months worth of calorie restrictions to actually learning to fuel my body... but I think day by day I’m getting there... 

This is what sitting on my but feeling sorry for myself due to my diagnosis vs weight training 6-7 times a week and football/high intensity cardio 2 times a week looks like ... 

Y8LtlpA.jpg

Freaking out the scales are going up a tad (yes I know why but it’s still scary after focusing on numbers going down for so long).

Gaining 2kgs in 2 months but losing a whole clothing size again makes me feel okay about it.... still a bit shift and something my mindset is changing into... fuelling my body instead of feeding it. But onwards and upwards. 

Footy is amazing also... absolutely loving it and can feel my cardio and fitness getting better every week so fast... also enjoy the game much more than I realised and happen to be half decent at it (transferable skills from basketball I think), so that helps :) 

• Like 4

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 11d

Well I don’t wanna jinx anything ... but there has been talk by my coach of the SANFLW for my future potentially 😬

but I’m old and have a long way to go hahah so who knows