Weight Training For Beginners

Well to be fair, I've done a few 5km runs and even a 10km run recently... but for whatever reason really struggled with that particular 5km 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fella's and I think Stifler will agree, IT'S NOT HOW MUCH YOU LIFT....ITS HOW YOU LIFT IT! Ask Staino, never got him to lift super heavy, but still gained size.

^^ Angina from too many kebabs.

Yeh they all asked when are you going to fix your car 

Posted Images

To be fair, though, I'm not exactly looking to lift a car off a person or anything...I'd just settle for not looking horrible naked, really lolol

All that cardio you're doing (commuting etc) plus a calorie deficit will do that job on it's own... then you can shred (e.g. gain muscle) with weight-lifting. It's almost impossible to do both at the same time, unfortunately.

don't we all :) it's a long slog, that's the first thing to understand :) nothing happens super-fast in this game and it's more about good habit formation than anything else

10 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

Bit late to the party, but that's some solid curling numbers! I need to up my game it seems...🥴

Haha ya want to curl more weight you have to just make a program that has some sort of progression with curling and you'll get there.

Ohmos :gaysex:

Went to the shed and squatted 150kg for a single after a bit of a warm up. It probably didn't help that I drank the entire JD Whiskey and Wild Turkey factorys over the past week. :pirate2:

I made sure I curled in the squat rack beforehand to get limbered up and it seemed to do the trick :beeer:

• 3 weeks later...

Ate bbq, drank beer and thought it was time for the weekly 1rm :msm:

Shoulder pressed 70kg which is a pb and benched 130kg which is also a pb.

Gitten there gitten there

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ab4w0yyy1fvu38uy6n

• Shocked 1
  • 2 months later...

I've been smashing out the workouts still the whole time. 

Pushed through a workout quickly tonight to make it on time for my weekly indoor cricket match but it was running late. Oh well, higher heart rate FTW :showoff:

• 2 weeks later...