Weight Training For Beginners

Well to be fair, I've done a few 5km runs and even a 10km run recently... but for whatever reason really struggled with that particular 5km 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^^ Angina from too many kebabs.

Fella's and I think Stifler will agree, IT'S NOT HOW MUCH YOU LIFT....ITS HOW YOU LIFT IT! Ask Staino, never got him to lift super heavy, but still gained size.

Yeh they all asked when are you going to fix your car 

Posted Images

To be fair, though, I'm not exactly looking to lift a car off a person or anything...I'd just settle for not looking horrible naked, really lolol

All that cardio you're doing (commuting etc) plus a calorie deficit will do that job on it's own... then you can shred (e.g. gain muscle) with weight-lifting. It's almost impossible to do both at the same time, unfortunately.

don't we all :) it's a long slog, that's the first thing to understand :) nothing happens super-fast in this game and it's more about good habit formation than anything else

10 hours ago, .Stripes. said:

Bit late to the party, but that's some solid curling numbers! I need to up my game it seems...🥴

Haha ya want to curl more weight you have to just make a program that has some sort of progression with curling and you'll get there.

Ohmos :gaysex:

Went to the shed and squatted 150kg for a single after a bit of a warm up. It probably didn't help that I drank the entire JD Whiskey and Wild Turkey factorys over the past week. :pirate2:

I made sure I curled in the squat rack beforehand to get limbered up and it seemed to do the trick :beeer:

• 3 weeks later...

Ate bbq, drank beer and thought it was time for the weekly 1rm :msm:

Shoulder pressed 70kg which is a pb and benched 130kg which is also a pb.

Gitten there gitten there

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ab4w0yyy1fvu38uy6n

• Shocked 1
  • 2 months later...

I've been smashing out the workouts still the whole time. 

Pushed through a workout quickly tonight to make it on time for my weekly indoor cricket match but it was running late. Oh well, higher heart rate FTW :showoff:

• 2 weeks later...