Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 30d

Ok guys, need some info.

If say your doing biceps, what actual exercises are you doing? Like say for example, straight bar curls till failure, after that my biceps are fairly buggered, do you guys do more on top of this? Like then do another set on say dumbbells, then something else..? When do you stop? Just now im at a gym and have alot more equipment to use I wanna make the most of it, but dont wanna overtrain obviously.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 11d

Are you training your biceps with another muscle group or by themselves?

I was training them with back, so I would mostly do 2 (sometimes 3) bi exercises as they get used in your back movements. But the last few weeks of my training they were getting separated with tri's and I would do 4 of each.

As for type of exercises, with back I'd do a preacher and incline seated db, followed by a light pump set with a bar curl or cable curl. When with tri's I'd do something like;

close grip bench/bar curl

lying overhead ext/hammer

dips/seated incline db

pressdowns/preacher

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 23d

Diagnosed with a lateral ligament strain of the left knee. Means no heavy squats for about another month!

Still managed 220kg deadlift today at new body weight of 131 which is same as my 240 at 139, approx 1.7x bodyweight

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 24d

I miss gym :(

Doc says Im still a month off.

Bursitis in shoulder.

Been around 8 weeks since I trained last :(

• Donating Members

Diagnosed with a lateral ligament strain of the left knee. Means no heavy squats for about another month!

Still managed 220kg deadlift today at new body weight of 131 which is same as my 240 at 139, approx 1.7x bodyweight

Good work mate! Keep it up!!

• Donating Members

I miss gym :(

Doc says Im still a month off.

Bursitis in shoulder.

Been around 8 weeks since I trained last :(

Still giving you grief Staino? How sh*t is it not being able to train??

I'm back full time as of last night. Spoke to my trainer, we're going to give the comp a shot. I've got 9 weeks...

• Like 1

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 29d

Ford freak I know how you feel! Not Gunna lie I don't mind being small and relatively strong. Makes you quick and agile when you piss off a girls father hahaha. Can jimmy a fence much quicker than him!

Trying to work out my BMR, I think I'm already to around 2800-3000 at 65 kg :/ if I barely eat I dpnt lose much weight, Id be lucky to put on weight.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 30d

I was training them with back, so I would mostly do 2 (sometimes 3) bi exercises as they get used in your back movements. But the last few weeks of my training they were getting separated with tri's and I would do 4 of each.

As for type of exercises, with back I'd do a preacher and incline seated db, followed by a light pump set with a bar curl or cable curl. When with tri's I'd do something like;

So this morning did back and biceps. Did what you do and its a good change, never did the incline seated db or the cable curl, its a different feeling for sure from the usual chit I was doing..

Any of you blokes get in the sauna? I looked online and they say it helps recovery, gets blood flowing to the muscles n chit, was gonna have a go today but forgot my thongs..