Weight Training For Beginners

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fella's and I think Stifler will agree, IT'S NOT HOW MUCH YOU LIFT....ITS HOW YOU LIFT IT! Ask Staino, never got him to lift super heavy, but still gained size.

^^ Angina from too many kebabs.

Yeh they all asked when are you going to fix your car 

Posted Images

I'm not really doing a whole lot, Biz - just easing myself back into it. But as the others have said, doing something feels better than nothing for sure!

I'm 3 weeks in now, done at least 4 sessions a week. Feeling good and already starting to feel a bit stronger. Annoyed that my ceiling fan hasn't turned up yet though...been sitting at some couriers depo in Melbourne for the last week. Had a sparky booked for Monday to come and fit it, but had to cancel that and it's looking like it'll be mid 30's temps all week this week coming...gonna be warm lifting sessions 😒

Can always shower/change and re-hydrate when you're done with a workout. Be happy the heat helps you get your heart rate up higher easier since your body reacts to the heat :)

Yeah, but I do my workout at 6:30am then cycle to work after brekky...so kinda annoying to have to shower twice before starting work...plus the cycle certainly gets my heart rate up!

4 weights sessions a week for 4 weeks in a row now, starting to get easier and feeling stronger, so happy with progress so far. Went and did park run this morning though, was hot as balls and zero breeze...I nearly died 🤮

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been doing a bit of running the last couple of months, so my cardio hasn't been to bad as I think general fitness has carried over from cycling. But was just something about the weather on Saturday did me in. 

Yeah, cycling should carry over a fair bit. Obviously there's some running specifics you'll have to gain the fitness level required for but it won't take as long.