Weight Training For Beginners

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fella's and I think Stifler will agree, IT'S NOT HOW MUCH YOU LIFT....ITS HOW YOU LIFT IT! Ask Staino, never got him to lift super heavy, but still gained size.

^^ Angina from too many kebabs.

Yeh they all asked when are you going to fix your car 

Posted Images

Did a workout this afternoon after a bit of shed/equipment prep.

It's a one month pre conditioning program with light weights. It's to get the technique back and allow time for the body to get ready for heavy stuff.

I was thinking about the fact that so many people can't use the gym and here I am not using my equipment for whatever reason. That's what got me started.

Feels good man :)

• Like 1

you know how some days it seems like things go really easily without maximum exertion? that was my workout yesterday... still burnt out afterwards so it's worth it (always).

• Like 1

I remember what that's like but I haven't felt like that for ages. Haha a few years back, I was running down at the beach through some dry seaweed and it felt effortless. That was when I was squatting all the time.

I'd probably sprain my ankle if I tried it now.

Still... One day at a time and eventually there will be gains... all kindzzz...

• Like 1

haha yeah... it's kind of amazing when you take before and after's and notice the difference after a small amount of time versus years later... it's a slow grind but absolutely worth it.

• Like 1

Well I searched high and low for 50 minutes or so and found a shelf labelled "Myonuclei". Apparently I had left a sh*tload of gains there from a few years back, so I grabbed some of them for today and saved the rest for the weeks to come.

Heh heh heh gainzzz :launch:

More shed=more gains.

Same sh*t tomorrow and thank fark I'm in the second week cos there's no doms and the weight is getting lighter.

It friggin nearly killed me last week :heat:

Holy sh*t was I ever sore, it was farked lol. Falling on and off the couch, struggling to sit in the bathroom lol.

Doms is deceiving though. You feel sore and stretching causes a lot of pain but that's all it is, only pain with no actual harmful injury.

The muscles recover in 48 hours or less so you can literally work through it if you can put up with it.

Haha I nearly wimped out on my second leg day though!

• Like 1

I've only ever powered through harsh DOMS the one time... it was when the lockdown eased here in Vic just for two weeks and the first week back in a proper gym was brutal... but working through it was absolutely worth it as the results were great in the 2nd week haha

• Like 1

Brutal describes it perfectly and you're right, it's absolutely worth it.

That comment you made roughly 10 days ago about pushing through it helped me get through it lol.

Curls in the squat rack today for double the gains.

I think I'll just do pre-conditioning for a couple of weeks instead of a month. That means next week I can start doing 5x5 training and make some strength gains. :nudie: