Kv!

Weight Training For Beginners

Ooohh yeah more weights today and more gainz.

It seems that my 1rms might not have dropped by much at all. Over 3 sets of 12 to 15, everything is still fairly easily in the middle of the intermediate strength level, although about 20kg less than before.

I'm deliberately keeping the weights, especially the shoulder press light for a while yet as I think that is the thing that disrupts my shoulder the most.

Still sh*ts me though cos what's the point of lifting weights if you can't lift all of them at once? /s

Haha cheers.

It's good to be able to get back out there and make some gainz. That's pretty much the only thing I do for a hobby right now and it sucked not being able to keep it going properly.

A quarter of my workout today was doing squats.

After warm up sets I did 3 sets of 10 with 120kg with a 2 minute rest in between.

Fark that sh*t. :negative:

Ah... I see... I have no concept of that sort of thing because I don't do proper organised powerlifting training like that, so 30sec-1min (untimed) is fine between my sets.

Different goals hey. :)

In saying that if you want to get stronger you need to lift heavier weight and that will involve taking longer rests than just a minute or so.

Try it out sometime just for a laugh. You'll notice that you can lift more weight for more sets if you take longer rest breaks. More weight can include just a 2% to 5% increase on your usual weight lifted.

Indeed; might give it a go at some stage.

Still looking to progress through kettlebell movement workouts at this stage. Definitely a noticeable change in what I like to call "practical strength" from this sort of training. Slowly gaining flexibility, too, which was an original desire for this switch in direction.

Yeah I've noticed that I have to work harder at keeping flexible now.

As far as practical strength goes there is nothing that is hard now, except for training of course. Haha it comes in handy when you have to change a tyre.

10 minutes ago, Puffwagon said:

As far as practical strength goes there is nothing that is hard now, except for training of course. Haha it comes in handy when putting that annoying cousin/brother/mate on his arse playing footy at the big boozy extended family bbq

FTFY...

Am even less motivated to get fit/work out these days...pisses me off at times

solid edit ;) ahah

just post up here if you're feeling unmotivated and we'll give you some encouragement, as we have plenty to spare. :spoton:

Feeling lazy and tired af today. Flamin baby woke me up at 4:30am (the poor thing's sick) and I think I've got a bit of a sniffle myself.

What better time to make some GAINZZZ!!!

Ima smash some caffeine and creatine mixed in with some cordial and GET SOME!!!!

I can't remember, is that your "favourite" concoction from earlier?

Still hitting the gym regularly. Doing almost only kettlebell and a few specific bodyweight movements now. Have started doing the more complex kettlebell movements and they're quite difficult :showoff:

2 minutes ago, k31th said:

I can't remember, is that your "favourite" concoction from earlier?

Close enough. I used about 20g (3 tsp) orange gatorade powder with about 6g (1 tsp) of creatine and 450mg of caffeine in 300mL water this time. I literally just finished sculling it and the caffeine made it taste like ass.

Now to get my butt out to the shed :buttrock:

Heh it's seems like longer than 3 weeks since I lifted some weights but the proof is here in the thread!

Apart from testing how strong the missus was the other afternoon, I haven't been out to the shed to lift weights since a few posts above. I did go out there and tidy up and sweep up the other day etc as it gets dusty in there over time and the squat rack slowly moves itself around.

I'm going to get out there today in a couple of hours, even though it's a bit hot, test my 1rms and then construct a program to make some gainz.

I'm expecting my strength to be the same but obviously the endurance will have suffered.

I'm planning to do full body 5x5 training every second day planned with 90% of my 1rm's rather than using 100%. I think that this will build me back up asap and hopefully I can maintain that for 8 weeks give or take.

Haha I'll jump back on the caffeine, creatine, fish oil and multivitamins as well cos that sh*t helps me out a lot in the gym ;)

Anyfarkenwayzzzz I'll swing in for a quick update later on after I git er done :)

Well I got out there and lifted some sh*t up and put it back down again. It was 32 in the shed so kinda too hot but bearable.

After a solid warm up (I found my red band) and plenty of reps in between, I managed to bench 120kg for 1 and squat 150kg for 1.

I didn't have enough left in the legs (endurance lol) to max out on the deadlift so I'll do it tomorrow when I'm fresh. I'm expecting to lift 200kg for a single. I did get some lighter work done though.

I did want to be further along than this after 10 or so months of lifting but for various reasons I'm not. Those maxes are ok for now and I shouldn't have any trouble adding 10-20kg to them over the next couple of months.

I guess we'll see what happens :headbang4:

Well I only got 190kg for a single. A bit sh*thouse but whatever, it is what it is. I still got enough reps on the way up to make some gainz.

I got the numbers and I've made the program so yerp, get it started on Monday.

I actually did some higher deadlifts than usual on Saturday. I usually just do 60kg x 40 (3 sets) as part of the my kettlebell workouts. 

I didn't think my 3RM deadlift would be so high at 120kg, based on my mid-workout volume sets :showoff:

Reasonably happy with that outcome :)

I did some deadlifts a few days ago. Having not done them for a while I wasn't expecting much.

I warmed up with 20x20 then 10x60, 8x100, 5x120, 3x140, 3x160 then went for 190 and only got it halfway up. Oh well, I haven't done any for ages so ya get that.

Haha it doesn't help to be a fat lazy bastard either :smiliefatbellydancer: Could it be time to get into another program and make some gainz???