Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Haha it's much more betterer (for now) than working out 6 days per week. I'm actually excited to get out and train, rather than it becoming a chore and a means to an end.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

So yeah lifting today was interesting.

Due to doing max effort rack pulls on Saturday night with my neighbour, I had to back off the bench and rows today. The various joints aka all of them were quite sore today. Haha was supposed to be resting and instead didn't :rolleyes:

Squats are increasing by 10kg per week, 5 reps on Monday with a weight and 3 on Friday with the new weight that is 10kg heavier. Each warmup set is 10kg heavier too so volume is adding up.

I'm right on the edge of needing a deload week, so if this Friday goes as planned and I can manage another balls to the wall week next week, I'll have more than my planned 1rm on squat. Pretty sure bench won't increase until I deload but deadlift, squats and rows are still going up rapidly.

Anyway there's that, I will try an actual 1rm squat over the next month and it will be over 200kg, guaranteed :)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

that's a good guess, for a guarantee haha

I might take a deload week next week (every 12 weeks) because I'm donating blood. The workouts are always right at my limit even if I'm being a little conservative, shortly (48 hours) after donating.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Ordered some deadlift straps today, will be interesting to see how much easier the deadlift becomes. Also you're supposed to pull from 9 inches from the ground and I've been pulling from 7.8 inches from the ground. I might try getting the bar to the right height and see how much that changes things. I can easily lift 270kg from the rack with no straps but nowhere near that much from the ground.

Haha it's all in good fun anyway :rockon: