Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Intensity is how heavy the weight is that is lifted, volume is the total tonnage lifted. Haha I would love to see you start lifting heavy and make all kindz of gainzzz

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

yeah, of course you're right, it's more about "volume" in my training but no big deal... I meant "intensity" specifically in pushing my heart-rate throughout and exhaustion levels after; I'm aware I used it wrong because they're generic weight-lifting terms like you defined.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Eh it's all good, I knew what you meant but still worth pointing out, due to the opposing nature of the types of lifting they generally describe. Strength training in itself doesn't make you big, but it makes you strong enough to lift enough weight to make gainz within the bodybuilding rep range. Weighted pull-ups should be getting you some pretty hectic lat gainz ay?!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

yeah, the weighted pull-ups/chin-ups combined with the normal pull-ups/chin-ups have definitely helped with back muscle growth, so I'm happy with that, but it's not about physique specifically, that's just a nice consequence.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

gains are not just physique haha it's also just general strength, which is what I'm aiming for, if it comes with physique (which it does at my ectomorph physiology), then it's not a bad side-effect :P

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Shoooo hoo hoo hoo hew ! Squats done with nary a rep left in the tank. Gonna crank out some flat bench and barbell row then chill tf out :heat:

Edited by Puffwagon
I'm a lumberjack

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Woo doggy did some deadlifts! Should have gone slightly heavier but eh I'll crank it up next week by another 10kg and see how that goes. Also my shoulder was sore going into it on Monday, I couldn't get much weight on the bench without pain, so had to back right off. Will probably have another easy bench day on Friday and should be good to go for next week. I'm excited to see how my squats go on Friday, I only have to work up to a heavy 3, then back off to a medium 8, the heavy 3 is the exciting part...for me anyway lol :)