Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 4d

Just some proof scales don’t mean sh*t… something I have to remind myself of every day after this journey as it plagued me and still does…

I suffer from body dysmorphia severely after this journey…. 

Below left = 69kgs after a 51kg loss and no exercise

Below right = 75kgs after 4 months straight weight training, footy and eating like a machine constantly.

yLXex6J.jpg

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 19d

Scale values on their own can easily be taken out of context. Scales are however a valuable tool when losing weight with no weight training.

Unfortunately there are no flashing lights, no prize and more often than not, no amazing feeling when a body weight or composition goal is reached. It's because it happens so slowly that you've grown used to yourself each day, and don't feel a lot different day to day, especially after the first few months.

If you want to see the difference, compare your before pics with now, remember how hard it was to tie your shoe compared to now, get off the couch, run up the stairs etc.

Fwiw you look normal now, you don't look overweight, you can clearly see muscle in your previous pics, so imo there's nothing wrong with you as far as the scale is concerned. If anyone tells you different they are either jealous or ignorant and should be ignored, you don't need to argue or justify anything.

If you're telling yourself you aren't good enough or light enough, you can stop telling yourself that now, you've already lost the bad weight and deliberately gained some good weight. Like you said, you have to keep reminding yourself the scales don't mean sh*t, actually do that everyday and maybe chuck in a few other positive affirmations until your brain stops bullsh*tting you about your weight.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

First deadlifts for quite a while. Plenty of strength but soft hands means callouses were trying to leave the chat. Should be good in a couple of weeks :)

• Haha 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Haha pics of horrible hands? I tried fake tan but it just ended up tanning my palms... It only just occurred to me earlier today that I should have worn gloves :rolleyes:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 7d

I'll stick with "real" tanning (e.g. laying in the sun in Summer) haha summer in Australia gets plenty of UV rays :P fake tan can get in the bin, 100%.