Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

That's an excellent result :spoton:

I'm just happy to be able to go to the gym, these days haha it's one of my favourite places

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 2m 27d

I fell off the rails for a few years due to Covid.  It's no excuse, but the last couple of years have bee  all over the shop for me, with work being crazy and hardly being home.

I found a new local gym and the missus and I have both joined up to.  The gym at work is great, now that I'm back to working near decent camp facilities.

I'm hoping for a big year with a lot of gainz, both in the gym and on the dyno.  It's time to get myself and my cars on a health kick and back into tip-top shape! 💪

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Yeah man, plus it's gonna be hot as fark over the coming weeks and I don't want to kill myself by doing 75 reps of squats in under 10 min in 40C+ heat. No thanks, I'll do Mad Cow, 3 days per week, 5 sets of 5 reps after warm up and have the weight more than twice as heavy as the other stuff.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

Well speaking of body building … thought I’d elaborate on some nutrition and sups stuff…

Puff in answer to your question, yes creatine works… but I get super water retentive despite having the concentrated version … so I kinda fluctuate on and off it. 
It adds a solid 3kgs to the scales for me. 

Strong at the moment, hitting a bunch of PBs this week… 65kg lat pull downs being the one I am most happy with…. 

So a typical day for me looks like the following: 

4am: Pre Work Out & Creatine

4.15am: Gym - 1.5-2 hours strength & 30 mins cardio 

7am: Protein Shake & L-Glutamine 

10am: Protein Bar & LeSnack 

12pm: My Muscle Meal 

2pm: Protein Bar & Berries 

5.30pm: My Muscle Meal 

6.30pm: Second Cardio 2hrs (Footy training etc) 

9pm: Desert of some description, usually a high protein low cal home made something like a protein cookie dough or protein baked cheesecake… I like the muscle nation vanilla ice cream protein powder and powdered peanut butter for making a variety of desert options.  

9.30pm - Bed Time and Supplements 

Total - 1800cals & 150-160g Protein 

Dinners and Lunches I like the My Muscle Meals… they’re the best tasting, highest protein to calorie ratio of a lot of the pre made meals… the beef stroganoff is the best but I haven’t been able to find it for a while. 

IvlAERK.jpg

Quest branded protein stuff is the bomb imo for low cal and high protein and taste. 
The Quest Loaded Taco Chips are the best ever!!! The quest birthday cake bars are the best also. The musashi wafer ones are good for a sweet snack also. 

l07imDk.jpg

Any of these shakes are the best calorie and protein bang for buck and taste good too 

JZqwWyb.jpg

Pre work outs I like mixing up occasionally… these are on the rotation at the moment… 

jmVPNkD.jpg

Creatine and L-Glutamine and also smash a few hydralites per day also…

GT1yh54.jpg

Also on these mix of sups and also a once a week vitamin D … 

DsdHCah.jpg

• Like 3

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Nah lifting heavy is easier cos there isn't a cardio aspect involved. Doesn't matter how good your cardio is, you'll max out your heart rate on every set of squats and then some when it's hot. I'm 42 years old, 115kg and have no desire to induce a heart attack while alone at home.

@Mrs Jeturbo Those are some cupboard goals right there!

Edited by Puffwagon
's
  • Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

True that on the heat cardio side!!! 
Footy training in 36 the other day… normally my recovery rate is sensational… my HR wouldn’t dip below 140 even after a solid 3-4 mins of rest.

This was a super light session with loads of breaks but you’d think it was straight work out due to the consistent high HR… but in reality this was half standing still or sitting… but HR wouldn’t drop due to heat…. Keeping in mind my resting HR is 56 average and my recovery HR drops to like 70-80 almost straight away normally. 

jsIS9d8.png

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo
  • Like 2