Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

Hell yeah I love muscle memory!!! Just did some lifting and man them gains come back fast!!! My excuse for being slack this time is my gym stuff is outside and it's been too hot. Truth is that I just cbf for a while.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

I had some minor discomfort in the wrist tendons for a few weeks there and did some different bits of the same sort of workout to take pressure off them for a few weeks. They came good and I went another two weeks over xmas/holidays etc doing the "altered" workout to be sure the issue went away and got back into the "non-altered" workouts on Wednesday night and got DOMS yesterday/today doing the "same as I used to" haha. Funny how the body reacts so differently to minor changes.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

yeah, it started as a "deload" week for me then I decided to go back to the same weights with the altered workout. Worked well :)

"deload" is enough, stuff taking time off completely, even if every single time after I donate blood (every 12 weeks) I struggle big-time in the gym the following 2-3 workouts haha

Keep smashing it out bro! the sweat can be replaced with plenty of water, no matter how hot it is ;) 

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m

While I still adhere to my philosophy of "not needing motivation, just will power", I certainly feel a lot more inclined to workout after a few sessions back at it. Haha still sucks with flies and heat though!

Yeah I'm inclined to agree about just backing off rather than stopping altogether.

• 3 weeks later...