Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

I couldn't help myself, I had to see if the 1rm calculator was right. I managed a squat pb after my 3 working sets so I'd say the calculator is pretty close.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

So yeah that big 1rm squat kinda wrecked it (I knew it would), but I was ready for a week off and had done a few weeks of recovery workouts anyway. Back to the high rep stuff again for the next 3 weeks, this time it'll have some more weight in it, as I'm building it up over time.

Haha if I get to my squat goal over the next 3 months, I'll post a number.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yerp I was right, it sucked. Got it done though so should be a bit easier from here out. Also added roughly 25 to 30% weight for the same rep ranges so that's pretty good. Haha no more mid program 1rms for a while though :hrmm:

Oi I know there's more than just me lifting weights, keef doing hip thrusts and bob the freaking builder doing laps of the block with her dog. Who else is making some gainzzz?

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 3y 11m 18d

Hey boys, have you heard of myo rep training? Been incorporating some of this ^^ style training into the workouts lately, mainly on leg press on non specific leg days at the end of my workout just to add more weekly volume for my chicken legs but you can use it for a wide variety of exercises, check it out and see what you think.