Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 21d

Well there's another one down and some more gains on the way. So much pain with 5x15 but next week dials back a lot so will get some respite lol.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

So I had a rockey month with loads of family birthdays, unhealthy eating, holidays .... but balanced it out with good food and exercise wherever possible. 

Finally jumped past the 40kg lost mark and heading steadily toward the 50kg loss as my next goal (always feels like the last step between goals takes the longest). 

I think my biggest take away, despite the obvious, is about moderation. 
Something I’ve never been particularly good at and something I have had to embrace.
Through this whole time I haven’t stopped drinking, haven’t stopped eating sugar or carbs, haven’t stopped desert or fatty foods... I just make sure they fit into my daily intake, and if they don’t, I exercise more.

With two parents who were morbidly obese their whole lives and kept a household of habits that reflected such, it’s something I’m so proud to say is now just habit for me. 

So onwards (or downwards) to the next goal!
(not that I’m hell bent on the scales at this point to be fair, just happy to settle healthy) 🥰

• Like 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Keep at it fluff, life is too short to end up stuck on the couch and out of breath walking across the house.

@Panda Eyes How are you going mate? Are you managing to get stuff done with/after covid?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 3d

Slowly recovering. Haven't been back to the gym yet but hopefully should be soon. I think its a bit optimistic to expect I can pick up where I left off being I haven't been for 7 weeks 😔. Sick of being sick...

• Sad 2

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Yeah you can't pick up where you left off, even if you didn't get sick. Give yourself a month of light stuff to get everything ready again and if you are still feeling the effects of being sick ie; breathlessness etc, take it easy until you're feeling better. Remember to build yourself up slowly, not wear yourself down by going too hard.

You can do pushups at home, body weight squats etc to keep things ticking over. Even walking laps of the yard or the block for 15 minutes is better than nothing at all.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Finished my 3 weeks of crazy training on Thursday so now into 3 to 6 weeks of taking it easy and making gains.

Gonna have until Monday off to recover a bit then get them easy gains.

Haha the missus took a photo of my back and there's actually muscles poking out of it lol. There's still plenty of fat but not as much as I expected.

Anyhow there's that, turns out lots of lifting actually does make gains, just takes a while.

Edited by Puffwagon
A word
  • Like 1