Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 7d

First day back for me in a long time as well. Trained with a mate some chest and tri's. About a million people in the gym and couldn't get a bench, so mixed it up with some machines and cables only.

Chest is so damn sore already.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

been back for a few weeks... first day back tonight playing indoor cricket and going to the gym... glad I went to the gym after playing cricket haha... the brutality is soo sooo welcome. :showoff:

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

So I've been cycling 100km+ a week consistently for over a year now and recently started running again (did a 10km a couple of weeks ago) but finally decided I wanna actually look fit too. I always enjoyed lifting, just not going to the gym and dealing with people...so I bought myself the beginnings of a bit of a home gym setup.

This is what I've got so far: 

rpHipP5.jpg

Haven't lifted in a long while, so this is where I'm at 2 weeks in of lifting 4 days a week:

6s6Zq7J.jpg

E8u6qHj.jpg

Got a ceiling fan getting installed in a week and thinking if I keep enjoying it as much as I have been I wouldn't mind getting a rack/functional trainer sort of setup next year some time.

Edited by .Stripes.
Copypastadumb
  • Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

good job buddy :spoton: got back into it at a slow pace which is good for making progressive gains in the coming months :showoff:

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

I'm not really doing a whole lot, Biz - just easing myself back into it. But as the others have said, doing something feels better than nothing for sure!

I'm 3 weeks in now, done at least 4 sessions a week. Feeling good and already starting to feel a bit stronger. Annoyed that my ceiling fan hasn't turned up yet though...been sitting at some couriers depo in Melbourne for the last week. Had a sparky booked for Monday to come and fit it, but had to cancel that and it's looking like it'll be mid 30's temps all week this week coming...gonna be warm lifting sessions 😒